Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:43:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334803 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Project X Zone - The Namco X Capcom sequel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Project X Zone - The Namco X Capcom sequel  (Read 12931 times)
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2013, 03:23:32 PM »

It's a strategy rpg, not a fighting game.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2013, 03:26:02 PM »

Huh. Well it certainly didn't look like that from the video on the eShop.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2013, 05:30:09 PM »

Think Valkyrie Profile, but less obtuse and more http://i.imgur.com/VwUWvyT.jpg.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2013, 06:48:15 PM »

Think Valkyrie Profile, but less obtuse and more http://i.imgur.com/VwUWvyT.jpg.

the fuck is happening there....

If it's like VP, I'm in.  If it's just selecting an attack and watching pretty graphic bursts and explosions I'm out.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2013, 10:07:36 PM »

It's like the original namco x capcom, or super robot taisen endless frontier for the fighting minigame if you've played that series. Basically movement is grid-based but when you attack you do this little fighting mini-game where you try to string together combos for moar bonuses and damage. I really hope they don't have the srw forced evasion in this game because that was just piles of frustration and suffering. It was one of the problems with the original namco x capcom in that strategy game players don't want their damage to be based on a fighting game style mini-game and fighting game players don't want to wait forever in a turn based movement system. So battles are probably going to take awhile ,but most srpgs are like that and I'm not super bothered by it.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2013, 11:49:53 PM »

the fuck is happening there....

If it's like VP, I'm in.  If it's just selecting an attack and watching pretty graphic bursts and explosions I'm out.

The numbers above each individual unit's health bar indicates said unit's placement on the turn order list.

Code:
Note how you can see numbers in the lower to mid 90s. Granted, it is an end game battle but its still going to be a slog since you cannot skip animations since you need to input your combos and stuff.

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2013, 12:41:48 AM »

so the demo's out in NA, it plays exactly like Namco x Capcom but with assists and some more mechanics, not that I think it's a bad thing.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2013, 01:54:35 PM »

so the demo's out in NA, it plays exactly like Namco x Capcom but with assists and some more mechanics, not that I think it's a bad thing.

Demo isn't bad, but it's extremely short. This game isn't worth full price for me, but I will pick it up when the price drops.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »

Demo isn't bad, but it's extremely short. This game isn't worth full price for me, but I will pick it up when the price drops.

Same here, except that I'm getting it at full price anyways to show my support for more SRW games and some of the other included series.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2013, 03:21:39 PM »

Kind of weird the demo is so short and the number of tries is 5.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2013, 03:55:35 PM »

Kind of weird the demo is so short and the number of tries is 5.

Yeah, the companies can choose to set whatever number they want for the number of tries. Some demoes have 30 tries.

"Oh, a hunter..."
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2013, 05:26:56 PM »

Having played the demo stage a few times I think I'll most likely pass on this.  The combat system is kinda neat but not enough to carry the whole game imo.  There's virtually zero chance of the game actually having a good story and I'm not feeling the roster much either.
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2013, 02:38:40 AM »

I enjoyed the demo a lot more than I thought I would. It's basically flashy flashy fan service...which I am completely okay with! :)

pigTails of...
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2013, 11:25:17 AM »

^I feel the same. Probably not going to go out of my way to spend money I don't have for it, but I'll definitely pick it up when I have some extra cash.
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2013, 09:27:06 PM »

Preordered it on newegg for $33 and to get the limited edition, shipped already, should be here tomorrow. Disagree with some of the characters choices included but as I said before, those 3 companies have such a huge stable of characters to choose from they can't put all the fan favorites in there. Just glad megaman x is finally in a crossover game(and regular megaman in smash, it must be a good year for megaman), will post with first impressions tomorrow.

Played quite a bit of it, for people who fear stages that take a long time, the battles do indeed take quite awhile, even in the beginning. The game has a weird break the environment system to get items similar to endless frontier. Also, the game is really easy, there's no real danger of getting your guys killed so feel free to experiment/wander around the map to find breakable objects. Most fun thus far is the remixed theme music and identifying all the moves the characters use.

oh and there's a system that's kind of like forced evasion where they have a guard bar you need to break before you can hurt them and if you let them touch the ground, the barrier comes back. It's better than forced evasion though as your turn doesn't just end.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:10:55 PM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: