Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:55:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330171 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Agent D's House of Rant.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Agent D's House of Rant.  (Read 7935 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2012, 06:21:50 PM »

I still don't understand how that game is a prequel and a reboot. How does that work? It doesn't make any sense.

Not really a DMC fan here; but if you don't understand how a prequel and a reboot can in essence deal damage to the image, lore, and legacy of a pre-existing franchise when dumped into the lap of someone who obviously doesn't care, then I suggest you watch Michael Bay's Transformers trilogy.
Did you ever watch G1? Methinks you are looking at things with rose tinted glasses.

I've seen G1. It was full of repetitive plot points with a lot of superfluous characters and more animation errors than a Korean pirate Kung-Fu Z list movie has translation flubs.

But at the same time Michael Bay's stuff came out 'Transformers: Animated' aired. It had superior robot designs, better plot arcing, less groan worthy dialog, and human characters that weren't piss-poorly written. It too was a 'reboot', but that didn't blow chunks like it's live action counterpart.

My point being Michael Bay's stuff didn't suck 'because it wasn't G1'; it sucked because it was a worthless piece of filth that left a blight on the Transformers legacy due to the disrespect the material's concept was given. Thus enforcing my point that a 'prequel/reboot' can and will damage the integrity of a franchise as a whole (as really you can't think Transformers anymore without cock n' ball jokes and racist personifications now thanks to MB) despite the whole 'we're erasing everything and starting over' aspect when not handled with care/respect.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:24:54 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »

Capcom's shit is seriously starting to stink up video games. The lack of a new breath of fire, the dlc crap, the terrible RE spinoff, the destruction of dmc, and my forever hate of capcom, the lack of new mega man and the cancellation of legends 3.

Re6 is already a foot in the grave, and anything else they have planned can fuck a truck right now.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2012, 07:05:18 PM »

I've seen G1. It was full of repetitive plot points with a lot of superfluous characters and more animation errors than a Korean pirate Kung-Fu Z list movie has translation flubs.

But at the same time Michael Bay's stuff came out 'Transformers: Animated' aired. It had superior robot designs, better plot arcing, less groan worthy dialog, and human characters that weren't piss-poorly written. It too was a 'reboot', but that didn't blow chunks like it's live action counterpart.
I don't see how anyone can say that Animated had 'better robot design,' and it was treated about the same as G1 (AKA a vehicle to sell toys). I can see people liking Animated over the movies for the story and characters, but the robot designs were terrible.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2012, 07:17:34 PM »

What footage has he seen? The long previews that are out there recently show some pretty slick looking graphics

Why would you assume I based my opinion entirely on graphics? The gameplay vids I've watched just didn't strike me as anything special. It doesn't really matter though because, even if it ends up being GOTY material, I'm still not going to play it.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2012, 07:27:15 PM »

I don't see how anyone can say that Animated had 'better robot design,' and it was treated about the same as G1 (AKA a vehicle to sell toys). I can see people liking Animated over the movies for the story and characters, but the robot designs were terrible.

Casting aside my personal opinions (as I believe Animated has the best design for Megatron's robot and vehicle modes, period; and my love for how they approached Triple Changers in Animated), Animated has superior character design over the Live Action because regardless of how good or bad they may be artistically you can still tell characters apart from sight alone. Even the Starscream Clones in animated, despite intentionally being duplicates of the original at least had enough variation to tell who was who at a glance.

Once the LA versions starting doing anything besides sitting around for conversation pieces it really becomes impossible to tell who is who. (Obvious exceptions like Optimus' red coloration and the twins because of height/size being not withstanding.) IMO; that definitively places LA on the bottom of the barrel as any design that makes it impossible to distinguish characters is a bad one. (Unless you're trying to make a 'stormtrooper effect'.)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »

Well, I liked the movie designs a lot more than Animated, though I think the newest version (Prime) has a very good balance between the two, and the story is much better as well, so it's widely regarded as one of the best entries in the series thus far. I know I'm definitely enjoying Prime a lot more than Animated, mainly because the animation quality on Animated was HORRIBLE.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »

This is true. I haven't gotten too far into Prime but I'm rather enjoying it despite my natural disdain for all things CGI; even the character designs strike a chord.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2012, 08:26:24 PM »

The only way Capcom would ever see a cent from me again is a new Breath of Fire (not happening) or re-release of CvS2.  I wouldn't even consider buying a CvS3 because it would be full of their bullshit again.

Pretty frustrating how true this is. 2 years ago I remember really wanting a Capcom vs. SNK 3, but now... I rather waste my money in another fighting game. Though maybe I'll buy Darkstalker 4 on day 1 depending how ends up being.

But right now, Persona 4 Arena, Tekken Tag 2 and even Dead or Alive 5 look better than any fighting game Capcom has made this generation (at least in my opinion anyway).
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2012, 10:15:28 PM »

The new DMC looks fun, especially with the last full trailer they released. I feel like Ninja Theory have always been close to making something really good, and I'm hoping this game will be it. The stink that arose when the first trailer was released made me feel genuinely bad for being a fan of the series. I sometimes like to forget how entitled people can be, but following that game made it hard to ignore.

I'm totally fine with most DLC. I'm also generally not someone who buys it. I bought a 360 about a year after it came out, and in that time I've bought maybe 2 pieces of DLC. It's pretty rare that I've felt like a game was incomplete and needed DLC to finish it off. The only stuff I generally agree with is that Capcom are being really weird about it for their fighters. I've stopped myself from buying any of the recent ones I've seen around for cheap because I honestly didn't know at the time if I was buying the most complete versions or not. I think that's a genuine problem.

Also; agent dude, your door rant sounds crazy to me, and your follow up posts seems just as worrisome. I think counselling could be really beneficial for you.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »

You did see that the topic title is "house of rant" correct? It's a rant, because I usually am pissed about it at the time of writing. Speaking of good rants...

Have you ever had to deal with someone elses "handiwork" like cleaning up a section of a store that someone had been working on, only it's a bigger disaster then before they started? In my line of work, home a/v installation, alot of times I have to go into someones home, find cables through walls, and fix problems with equipment. Now don't get me wrong, most of the time.....well maybe half of the time it isn't so bad. Something silly like an infrared repeater falling off a cable box making your programmed remote not work, or an amplifier fuse burning out, or said amplifier failing and needing a replacement. Hell, a funny one was a rat bit through speaker cable, I had to giggle a bit. But then, there's the poor handiwork. Like some asshole electrician who ran some rg-6 cable through a wall and left 2 FUCKIN INCHES OF BARE CABLE STICKING OUT OF A HOLE THE SIZE OF A DIME WITH THE CABLE BOX LOCATED AT THE MOTHER FUCKING OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM kind of silly handiwork. Clients don't wanna hear about how you have to run a cable across the room, the want it back in a wall, which I might add is now freshly painted and the painters don't wanna hear about how they're gonna have to repaint later when we fuck up the wall. Even better,  when I finish laying out 200 feet of cat-6 shielded cable, terminate the ends (ever try that, it's not fun) and mark where the lines run on the opeb wall, and then some twat fuck of a construction worker cuts the cable because he thought it was on the wrong side of a stud? 2 hours of passing cable through walls, all down the drain because some moron can't fucking look. Expensive cable at that. Or today's massive shitfest, which is actually a regular occurence. I walk into an apartment to fix a vent fan for a equipment rack. Apparently the genius who installed the fan installed it backwards, leading to air being pulled in. After fixing fuck up number one, I was asked to replace a few power cables with higher quality ones (the guy I work for is all about high end, the receiver in this rack was 6,000 dollars alone....don't ask about the three different amplifiers), which was easy...on paper. See, the last person back behind this rack didn't think anyone would ever touch it again, because every cable was fully stressed, crossed over another cable, and hanging in by a thread. Small units were falling down, the rack had no space for a large hand ( I ain't tiny), and overall, it was a disaster. 4 hours behind this rack fixing this buttfucks asshat job, should have taken 25 minutes. A half of a day wasted with bullshit. I don't care about the pay, this was ridiculous. If someone has to follow my work in a place, I am damnsure going to make sure he or she understands what I did and where everything is going to or coming from, as well as not leave it like a giant pig sty. What the fuck, it takes an extra minute to tidy a cable up, or label a line that travels a mile through a wall. Even when I worked at radioshack, I always got stuck redoing the home entertainment section, and the previous guy who would "fiddle" with it would leave cables hooked up going nowhere, tangled with other cables and putting stress on them, occupying spots in a distribution amplifier that would degrade signal to other units, and so on. Cmon, clean up your damn work. I like being proud of what I have done, don't most of you have a desire to feel proud of your work?

Fucking eh.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2012, 12:23:31 AM »

I hate the new practice of mods replacing usernames with their first names. I don't know why, but I do. It's not like I have anything against anyone personally. In fact I have it whenever people around here throw around 1st names like we're supposed to know.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2012, 12:32:22 AM »

I hate the new practice of mods replacing usernames with their first names. I don't know why, but I do. It's not like I have anything against anyone personally. In fact I have it whenever people around here throw around 1st names like we're supposed to know.
It does kinda kill the whole impersonality of the internet, doesn't it?

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2012, 01:40:17 AM »

No, Facebook did that.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »

No, Facebook did that.
Facebook killed a lot more than the impersonality of the internet.

TASTY!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »

Been almost a week since I ranted, and sadly it isn't a good one.

Fucking pidgeon shit on my head while I ate lunch today and watched a bunch of fucking useless wastes of space teenagers sit around union square smoking, drinking, and throwing trash around. They were there supporting occupy wall street.

For people like that, I hope nothing but ill will upon them. Get off your asses, put down your fucking iphone and ipad and shit, and go get a fucking job. Stop wasting your parents' money and hard working peoples' time, you useless pieces of shit. God, I can't believe how fucking lame these kids are. My crippled father who can barely walk, much less carry a power drill is still fucking working, what the fuck makes you special? Your trust fund not getting a high enough %, or are you mad that someone is doing less than you and getting more money for it? Fucking useless pieces of shit, people like them don't deserve rights, they deserve a kick to the teeth and a one way ticket out of america.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily disagree with occupy wallstreet, I just find that people who use it as an excuse to not work and make total asses of themselves are fuckholes. Why do we have to work so damn hard to get by meanwhile these twitheads who are basically our future leaders are sitting around getting drunk at 12 and 1 pm. Fuck you dickheads, joing the rest of the world.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: