Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 01:56:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338688 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Agent D's House of Rant.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Agent D's House of Rant.  (Read 9112 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2012, 10:19:47 AM »

i hate people that make entire threads so they can rant because nobody visits their personal blog

i mean what's up with that
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2012, 10:32:02 AM »

i hate people that make entire threads so they can rant because nobody visits their personal blog

i mean what's up with that
I like discussions pertaining to my rants, and the topic is for ranting in general. Now see, you could have opened up a whole can of bitching here regarding this, but you chose a 2 line jokey insult. For shame dude, for shame.

Besides, blogs are strange. I feel like I would have to write in it all the time, and I don't care to. If I were to write every day about bullshit, you can be damn sure I'll be getting paid for it. Here, I can write what I want, when I want, and not feel obligated to do so.

TASTY!
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 05:29:25 PM »

Eh, I call bullshit (basically I agree with Hathen).  You're not doing this on a blog because you don't want to feel obligated to update it, you're not doing this on a blog because a forum gives you a ready-made audience while a blog is just as likely to go unread.  

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 10:06:11 PM »

Where's Yoda with the burnsauce gif thing when you need him?

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 10:18:58 PM »

I was having sex with someone's mother/wife/court appointed guardian

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »

Eh, I call bullshit (basically I agree with Hathen).  You're not doing this on a blog because you don't want to feel obligated to update it, you're not doing this on a blog because a forum gives you a ready-made audience while a blog is just as likely to go unread.  
You could always not reply, though not doing so would be a shame as it could be a worthy rant sir.

TASTY!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »

Well, if this is a rant thread, then here's mine.

I'm officially boycotting Capcom. I always thought EA would be the first to cross the line but somehow Capcom has managed to beat them to it. The constant BS surrounding their fighters, the stink around the undeletable save games and now, Asuras Wrath.
The game that retails at full price with around six hours of content, now has DLC thats...drum roll please...the freaking ENDING to the game. That's right guys and gals, the good folks over at Capcom are marketing their new paid DLC as the "true ending", which to me is a major dick move. They really don't have much to defend themselves with either. Everything I've seen so far seems to indicate that Ninja Therory is taking a giant dump over DMC with Capcoms blessing, Dragons Dogma looks like a bad attempt to jump on the WRPG band wagon and Operation Racoon City is apparently a disgrace to the RE franchise.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2012, 08:32:38 PM »

The constant BS surrounding their fighters, the stink around the undeletable save games and now, Asuras Wrath.
The game that retails at full price with around six hours of content, now has DLC thats...drum roll please...the freaking ENDING to the game. That's right guys and gals, the good folks over at Capcom are marketing their new paid DLC as the "true ending", which to me is a major dick move.

The best part when they announced that DLC is that all the mess with the Mass Effect 3 ending was happening.

About their fighting games, if you don't like them don't buy them (I don't). Easy.

Everything I've seen so far seems to indicate that Ninja Therory is taking a giant dump over DMC with Capcoms blessing

I still don't understand how that game is a prequel and a reboot. How does that work? It doesn't make any sense.

Dragons Dogma looks like a bad attempt to jump on the WRPG band wagon

And that's bad? ...alright.

Operation Racoon City is apparently a disgrace to the RE franchise.

Is a spin-off so no much damage was done to the main series. In the other hand, not much people care about RE: Revelations and that game is not bad.

If anything, it is better than RE5 but the "problem" is that the game is on 3DS.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »

About their fighting games, if you don't like them don't buy them (I don't). Easy.

Wouldn't be much of a boycott if I did, would it :)

And that's bad? ...alright.

Doing a western style RPG isn't bad, but DD looks like a lazy attempt to monetize on the trend. This is based entirely on the footage I've seen since I obviously haven't played it (and most likely won't, even when it comes out, as a result of my boycott).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:48:45 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2012, 06:11:32 AM »

Dragon's Dogma is anything but "a lazy attempt" at anything.  That game looks gorgeous and I'll definitely at least play the demo.  They certainly put work into it. 

But I'm mostly with you on their fighting game bullshit.  I am a die-hard fan of Street Fighter IV.  When Super SF4 came out, no-one really complained because it was great.  It was about 16-18 months after the US release and over 2 years after the Japanese release.  It added 10 new characters, a new balance patch, better online, and a few new extras like stages and multiplayer modes.  Super SF4 was a good deal.  Then they started releasing more and more costume packs (...) and a new Arcade Edition adding just four characters about a year after Super (...?) and the disc-only Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 only eight months after the original without fixing the busted online (!!!) and now Street Fighter X Tekken has already announced DLC characters and modes when the game has been out for about a month (RAAAGE!!!). 

I dunno much about this Asura's Wrath stuff, but as a diehard fan of Capcom's fighting games, I am officially disgruntled.  Street Fighter IV is still great, and I'll happily keep playing that, but I am a little outraged at the UMvC3 stuff (it wasn't even DLC!!!  You had to buy a new copy!!!) and haven't played Street Fighter X Tekken yet as a result.  I'm interested in Dragon's Dogma and want to play their new Monster Hunter titles, but I'm disappointed in Capcom's recent behavior.  Capcom is still one of my three all-time favorite game developers, but right now I'm not terribly proud of that fact. 

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2012, 02:24:57 PM »

What footage has he seen? The long previews that are out there recently show some pretty slick looking graphics
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2012, 02:35:52 PM »

I still don't understand how that game is a prequel and a reboot. How does that work? It doesn't make any sense.

Not really a DMC fan here; but if you don't understand how a prequel and a reboot can in essence deal damage to the image, lore, and legacy of a pre-existing franchise when dumped into the lap of someone who obviously doesn't care, then I suggest you watch Michael Bay's Transformers trilogy.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:39:34 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »

They've gone on the record as saying that it's a totally new DMC unrelated to the first four. So it's either a reboot or an alt-universe kind of deal. On top of that, it's a younger Dante than ever, so I guess it takes place earlier  in his life than 3 does. So it's a prequel and a reboot? Sorta.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2012, 03:18:26 PM »

Not really a DMC fan here; but if you don't understand how a prequel and a reboot can in essence deal damage to the image, lore, and legacy of a pre-existing franchise when dumped into the lap of someone who obviously doesn't care, then I suggest you watch Michael Bay's Transformers trilogy.
Did you ever watch G1? Methinks you are looking at things with rose tinted glasses.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2012, 05:12:48 PM »

Well, if this is a rant thread, then here's mine.

I'm officially boycotting Capcom. I always thought EA would be the first to cross the line but somehow Capcom has managed to beat them to it. The constant BS surrounding their fighters

More or less how I feel.  The only way Capcom would ever see a cent from me again is a new Breath of Fire (not happening) or re-release of CvS2.  I wouldn't even consider buying a CvS3 because it would be full of their bullshit again.  Lots of other fighting games out on the horizon that's not being touched by Capcom.

@Monsoon - To be fair, AE felt like they were more or less trying to bring the arcade version up to speed in Japan since that scene is still doing well in other countries.  I'm guessing having a non-crossover title having its definitive version on a console hit a bit of a sore spot.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: