Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 05:42:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327167 Posts in 13392 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Agent D's House of Rant.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: Agent D's House of Rant.  (Read 7330 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »

I don't know what to tell you. Most of the people I know either bust their ass on a daily basis because they have a low education level or have busted their ass to get a job they like.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2012, 07:09:32 PM »

I don't know what to tell you. Most of the people I know either bust their ass on a daily basis because they have a low education level or have busted their ass to get a job they like.
Hi, my name is Agent D., and I fit both of those categories.

Look, I don't wanna piss anyone off, if I am, seriously I am sorry.  I just get angry at stuff like this. My life has been horrible, but complaining about it got me nowhere. I fucking busted my ass, worked as hard as I could, and took jobs that weren't phenomenal (okay, my game store job was fucking awesome, but that was earned, and I still worked freelance when I could). Yoda, I know you aren't doing too bad. What did you do differently than anyone else out there?
I bet Vanguard has a pretty tolerable living situation, did he just hit the life lotto maybe? These factual numbers and such, I won't argue those. But if we can get jobs and live life... Why can't other people do the same? What are we doing right that they aren't? How long do people have to point fingers everywhere else before maybe, MAYBE, they are the ones at fault. My whole rant here stemmed from me watching a group of kids sitting around a park in manhattan, one of the most popular cities in the world and one of the most populated, drinking and smoking and acting like delinquents, and they were promoting a cause about people abusing money in the long term. Drinking and smoking, both horrible vices that cost ridiculous amounts of money, and playing with expensive devices that many people can't afford even with jobs. Do you see why I am angry yet? Why I fucking rage about this shit, why I think our youth is a pathetic waste? My question is how are you hardworking people not outraged by this? The only thing worse than this is shit like the jersey shore morons, getting paid to be idiots, but that is of course our own fault as a society.

TASTY!
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »

Your mischaracterization of OWS is what started this. You're conflating a group of kids acting like kids with a political movement that transcends age, gender, race, educational background, and socio-economic status.

Nobody is saying nothing can be done. You're the one acting like everyone just needs to "get real" and pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Just because you did, doesn't mean everyone else can.

That's part of the OWS' whole agenda. Landing a job you like that pays alright is heavily decided by factors beyond people's control. No amount of hard work will counter that. It's a systemic problem, not a motivational one.

I will cap this post off with a rant.

You know what really grinds my gears? When people make sweeping generalizations based on anecdotal evidence and then, once confronted with facts, double down on their ignorance.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:47:27 PM by Vanguard » Logged

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2012, 07:47:10 PM »

Here I'll add mine. You know what is really starting to get to me? People who think because they lived a hard life, everyone else should too.
Worst is, I'm not saying this only because of Agent D.
Currently here in Quebeckerland, the government is raising education cost a lot. They promise students will have better education... but we all know that's complete bullshit and that people who own these education establishment are rolling in money (I think you can see where this is going).

Most none-student dismiss all the protesting of the youth because of reasons like these:
Fucking youngster, think they're entitled to everything.
Oh no, now they're going to have to work for their education *sarcasm*
I busted my ass studying and working to get my undergrad, shitty kids should do the same!
Quebec already has the lowest cost for education in Canada, cry me a river.
Quebec draining Canada's money on spoiled youth.

and I'm not even kidding, go find articles and open the comments.

What I completely fail to understand is:
- Firstly, why is it bad to be the cheapest education? Is there truly a need to make it cost more? Should we not be proud of this and work to maintain or even improve it? There have been multiple alternative ideas brought by many people from different fields that challenge the need for money or propose alternatives to getting the money (mostly things that we should have cut ages ago like giving money to the oil industry... yeah these guys are clearly going bankrupt *sarcasm*)
- Secondly, why do people who finished their studies with humongous debt refuse to have others possibly lessen their monetary problems because "that would be unfair for those who did in the past". I'd prefer for things to get better than for people to kick themselves down to make sure everyone is evenly unhappy.

I guess we'll see where this goes.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:49:28 PM by Annubis » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »

Damn kids should stop hoping for a better future.  Shut up and be obedient little worker drones so you can be just as miserable as everyone else.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2012, 10:33:28 PM »

people who own these education establishment are rolling in money (I think you can see where this is going).
I wouldn't be so sure. Here in California the government increased the costs of tuition but slashed the salary of professors - I believe my old man took a 25% pay cut a few years back despite the university having their costs increased.

I was supremely pissed at how incompetent the government was in this regard.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2012, 12:02:05 AM »

I'm not talking about the teachers, I'm talking about management.
Teachers are far from rolling in money.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2012, 01:16:03 PM »

It's amazing how each forum has certain members that remind you of the same kind of person on another forum.

Agent D. reminds me of a guy in such that way from a White Sox forum I frequented for probably about 5 years. Posted, argued, and ranted in the exact same way. I'm not saying either guy is right or wrong, or good or bad, but it's just an interesting pattern.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2012, 01:22:42 PM »

It's amazing how each forum has certain members that remind you of the same kind of person on another forum.

Agent D. reminds me of a guy in such that way from a White Sox forum I frequented for probably about 5 years. Posted, argued, and ranted in the exact same way. I'm not saying either guy is right or wrong, or good or bad, but it's just an interesting pattern.

Oh oh!

Do me, do me!

Who was I? :D

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2012, 04:47:36 PM »

Here's my secret: I don't approach life like everybody everywhere is out to get me every minute of every day.

Seems to be working out pretty well so far.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »

Ok, apparently this waa a bad rant, most of what I was ranting about seemed to get somewhat misread and it lead into a debacle about a touchy subject. If people want to co.tinue to talk about it, that is fine by me, but I think I'll bow out gracefully before I throw a fit and delete my account here.

I wasn't kidding when I said I was angry regarding it.

TASTY!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2012, 05:18:08 PM »

I'm not even going to go near the whole OWS thing.

I was only going to suggest that rage/venting is not a very well trod path to success. In fact most of the prevailing evidence seems to suggest it just feeds on itself - there's a nice summary about this here: http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/08/11/catharsis/

Obviously there are exceptions everywhere, anger can be a great motivator. But couching all of your points in rage is a real good way to make sure the actual point gets missed, you know? If you make a point aggressively, you have to expect that people are going to be just as aggressive with their counter points.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2012, 05:42:10 PM »

Best way to relieve anger is to rub one out.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »

Best way to relieve anger is to rub one out.
This doesn't work....you can't rub when pissed, you aggresively yank and pull, which can lead to pain and discomfort.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »

Pay someone else to do it.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: