Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 10:13:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338429 Posts in 13854 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Dragonlance Lost Chronicles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dragonlance Lost Chronicles  (Read 2354 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2006, 10:03:30 AM »

Anyone around here(Dag?) read this book? I had no idea this was even in the making until I saw it on the shelf at the bookstore this past weekend. I was excited to see a new book with the original companions(especially Raistlin), BUT...
I wonder if it's any good, or just another way to milk the cow.
Comments?

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 11:58:36 AM »

Wow I had no idea either. Totally snagging this when I'm done with the War of Souls trilogy. I bought all three a couple years back in the bargain books stack at Barnes and Noble, but never got around to reading.

Thank you so much!

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 03:24:28 PM »

I still haven't read the last two WoS books.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 08:36:32 PM »

When you say original...do you mean like this is way in the Past with Tanis and co. or is this taking place after War of Souls?

Guess I'll have to finish Dragons of a Vanished Moon...Don't know why it's taken me so long to do so.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 08:42:40 PM »

They take place between the gaps of the original three books.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 04:49:41 PM »

Yeah, basically this book takes place during the War of the Lance when Tanis, Flint and the gang go and get the Hammer to forge the lances. It fills in those nagging plot holes that were there in the books.

I definitely recommend this book. It is a relatively quick read, but it is worth it to fill in all the gaps and to give the characters a little more depth.

If you are a fan of the books you will not be disappointed.

(Sorry Grim, didn't see the topic it moved so quickly =P)

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Mr. Dark

Sephiroth8891
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 05:33:17 PM »

sweet, ill have to check it out. i saw the book on the shelves a little while ago, but unfortunatley did not have sufficient funds with me to buy it. ill get it sometime soon though.

Some things are better left unsaid.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 09:29:19 AM »

The book ruled, the only thing that sucks is that I have to wait until Summer of next year to read their new DL novel. They have a trilogy of Lost Chronicles set to be released, but none of the three are related. Weis and Hickman can do no wrong, IMO. While I own and love all 160 plus of the DL novels, theirs are always the best. Though Carter and Thomsons DL novels come close sometimes.

Did you know there's a DL animated movie coming out next year as well? With a PG-13 rating too, so you know it won't be too much of a "kiddy" movie. Keifer Sutherland is doing the voice for Raistlin and Lucy lawless does a voice too. A lot of the other voice actors are game voice over artists.
cruehead967

auron967
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 05:08:28 PM »

Is this the sequel to the Chronicles Trilogy? I'm reading the Dragons of Autumn Twilight right now and it's pretty good.

Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII
Currently watching: Freaks and Geeks, Big Brother 8
Currently listening: Pyromania by Def Leppard, B-Side Ourselves by Skid Row
Currently reading: Harry Potter series (again)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 09:02:29 PM »

Quote from: "cruehead967"
Is this the sequel to the Chronicles Trilogy? I'm reading the Dragons of Autumn Twilight right now and it's pretty good.

No, the Lost Chronicles are not sequals to the Chronicles, but they do take place in between the events surrounding the Chronicles.
fearthecrystal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 02:47:30 AM »

Quote from: "Azrael"
When you say original...do you mean like this is way in the Past with Tanis and co. or is this taking place after War of Souls?

Guess I'll have to finish Dragons of a Vanished Moon...Don't know why it's taken me so long to do so.

Haha, you've made far better progress than me.  I'm only a third of the way through Dragons of a fallen sun and I still have the next two after that!!

I'm just always doing something else.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: