Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 08:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327989 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs  (Read 3696 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 11:27:42 PM »

The 'Hawks look like a recreational league team.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 04:21:50 PM »

All I can say about the playoffs this season is... wow.  If you told me at the beginning of the season that Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver would all miss the second round of the playoffs without even facing each other... and then you said that either Boston or Washington would miss the second round... and then you told me that Ottawa would have NYR on the ropes... I would have laughed in your face and said you were out of your freaking mind.

And every West team in the second round is chasing their first Stanley Cups in franchise history.  If the Sens, Caps, and Panthers move on, then the only team in the playoffs who'd won a cup before would be Philly, and they haven't gotten a cup since 1975.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »

Come on, Sens and Caps. I really don't care to see any more of the Rangers or Bruins.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 05:41:21 PM »

Fuck the Caps.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »

Go Caps and fuck all the Boston teams.  I've never encountered a fanbase with so much elitism and pessimism amidst so much money and success.  I'd be happy if the Patriots, Celtics, or Red Sox (especially the Patriots) never win a championship again.  They barely edge out Philthydelphia to be my least-favorite sports city. 

I'm basically in a region of DC sports fans since I live in Virginia, but I don't care for any DC teams except for the Caps and the olden days of D.C. United.  The Nationals are arright, though, and I'm this close to jumping on that bandwagon since the Orioles have sucked so hard for so long.  I wasn't really a hockey fan prior to graduating college, when I was the only hockey-apathetic one of my group of drinking/sports buddies.  They've been molding me into a Caps fan for the past couple of years, and I was in attendance in Game 6 (cost each person in my group $120 for nosebleeds).  CRUSH THEM.

dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 10:15:41 PM »

Awwww, Philly isn't so bad. Some of us are quite nice. :-)
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 08:47:37 AM »

Well, Boston's out.  Now here's hoping the Sens oust the Rangers and hoping the Devils don't choke. 

Good thing we didn't have a bracket pool or anything here, or all of us would probably be out a chunk of change by now. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »

I want to believe you, I really do, but my known sample is taken from Phillies and Eagles games.  And it's not promising. 

Also, the picture in the post above is hysterical. 

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 10:32:43 PM »

Bye Bruins. :D

Bye Sens. :(

Bye Florida.. soon enough.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »

Ottawa chokes again.

Fuck.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »

I want to believe you, I really do, but my known sample is taken from Phillies and Eagles games.  And it's not promising. 

Well I certainly can't help you there as there will always be jerks. Just remember that the people NOT yelling at you or throwing stuff at you outnumber the ones that are. :-)

Looks like a good old fashioned Devils vs Flyers series on the horizon.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »

http://twitpic.com/9eftoj

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2012, 08:26:30 PM »

I don't know why but I found that picture hilarious.  Seeing it would probably break my attention as a player =P

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 08:38:46 PM »

Go Caps and fuck all the Boston teams.  I've never encountered a fanbase with so much elitism and pessimism amidst so much money and success.  I'd be happy if the Patriots, Celtics, or Red Sox (especially the Patriots) never win a championship again.  They barely edge out Philthydelphia to be my least-favorite sports city. 

Ok, as a Patriots fan I find this quite disappointing...though I don't disagree that most fans are fucking douchewaffles. It is the reason I acted like I was not a sports fan when I lived in New England. Now that I live in WA I don't feel the elitism. I also like the Seahawks, though, so maybe that has something to do with it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: