Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 08:34:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330183 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tetsuya Nomura hints at possible sequel to The World Ends With You
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Tetsuya Nomura hints at possible sequel to The World Ends With You  (Read 1874 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:19:07 PM »

"Nomura shared a brief hint concerning a possible continuation to The World Ends With You.

The article specifically calls out the character Rhyme from TWEWY, who did not have any lines in the original game. She does however, speak in Kingdom Hearts 3D, which Nomura decided to include "out of consideration for the future of the series"."

The director also hinted toward a possible sequel saying, "Right now it's not possible for me to say anything... (laughs). There could be something"." -- RPGSite.net
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:26:29 PM »

Not much of a hint, nothing to get excited about anyways (even if, it'll still be YEARS off).
But this was quite the game, and I think a welcomed sequel for a lot of people.  I wouldn't mind a current gen system version for sure (I LOVED the actual clothing brand equipment system haha -- it was so different!)... and I hope it involves a WEE bit less multi-tasking (two character battles were chaotic). ^ ^;;;

Also...
Rhyme didn't speak??  Huh... been a while since I played, I guess.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:47:53 PM »

Uh, Rhyme did have lines in the original. Just finished it, I should know.
(Great game, too.)

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »

This one has been on my "to get to" list for quite some time now.... It is just the art style that turns me off everytime I look to my shelf to pick my next backlogged title.... How hip-hop-ity is this really? cause it sure looks awfully hip-hop-ity to me......

NOTE: I'm not being lazy but not poppin it in and checking it out for five minutes.... as five minutes is NOT enough for me to make a judgement and any more then 5 IS enough to make me feel enclined to have to follow through for many more hours..... its a real problem with me.... if I start a game... even if I really don't care for it in light of what else I have on deck, I must see it through..... damn OCD.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 05:34:01 PM »

I liked the art style, till they made it less artsy and 3-D for the new Kingdom Hearts....  Yikes, Eat a burger, girl... like 8 of them.  Right meow.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 05:53:54 PM »

This one has been on my "to get to" list for quite some time now.... It is just the art style that turns me off everytime I look to my shelf to pick my next backlogged title.... How hip-hop-ity is this really? cause it sure looks awfully hip-hop-ity to me......

I wouldn't describe it as "hip-hop-ity" at all...certainly it's a contemporary urban setting, but it's still distinctly Japanese.  And the music and art draws from a number of different sources.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »

It's not hip hop. The characters reflect some fashion styles in Japan, and the music is more pop/rock than hip hop.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »

I have this game but still no DS, though I looked through the manual.
The clothes system seems a bit superficial to me.
relevant to my interests anyway

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 09:31:42 PM »

Its no hint I would be excited
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 04:03:10 PM »

It's not hip hop. The characters reflect some fashion styles in Japan, and the music is more pop/rock than hip hop.

I wouldn't describe it as "hip-hop-ity" at all...certainly it's a contemporary urban setting, but it's still distinctly Japanese.  And the music and art draws from a number of different sources.

Thanks guys! You just bumped this way up on the priority list for me.... If I finish FF3 before I finish tales of graces F I may start it next, otherwise its right behind Radiata Historie for me as that one is getting my full attention :)

I have this game but still no DS, though I looked through the manual.
The clothes system seems a bit superficial to me.
relevant to my interests anyway

I did the same thing (picked up some titles I knew I wanted long before the DS).... anyhoo, all I can say is the little handheld is TOTALLY worth it.... there are more RPG's than I can shake a stick at, that are well worth playing..... Never realized it til I bought the thing and really started scouring the library for titles... additionally, if I'm not mistaken the 3ds just dropped in price at gamestop and consequently all the ds versions have as well.... I actually ended up taking my DS back in a few days and upgraded to the 3ds for the nominal price difference after considering what was on the horizon for it.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 07:33:14 PM »

I liked the art style, till they made it less artsy and 3-D for the new Kingdom Hearts....  Yikes, Eat a burger, girl... like 8 of them.  Right meow.

That picture is just plain wrong.  My wiggle-wacker's bigger than her waist, and my wiggle-wacker's far from impressive. 

Anyway, I too am one of those who'd like to see the TWEWY concept expanded on.  More streamlined battles would be nice.  And re-hire that composer.  I loved the music.  This piece never leaves my brain's stereo of songs stuck in my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 09:07:34 PM »

Great, someone in Square Enix is into anorexic girls now.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 12:18:19 AM »

She would but all she can eat right now is Ice Cream since she's stuffed from all the Cordyceps from earlier in the day because dammit, I want her in some a loligoth dress, a leather jacket, some high heels, and a beanie ASAP.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 12:20:39 AM »

Great, someone in Square Enix is into anorexic girls now.
That's the path the trend is going down in a large majority of Southeast Asia.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 12:48:42 AM »

That's the path of the fashion industry in general worldwide, and it's not limited to females anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: