Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 04:02:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337722 Posts in 13829 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Key Developers Leaving Square Enix…
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Key Developers Leaving Square Enix…  (Read 2221 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 01:16:29 AM »

The execution was awful, but when you actually look at the plot and setting, there is something there that could have become a bona-fide classic of gaming.

Operative word being 'could.'

Was it a bona-fide classic of gaming, in actuality?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »

"Concept is the most important part of a game," said Inafune. "If the concept is good, 80% of games are good. That's how important the concept is."

Concept is worthless. Execution is all.

An awful concept executed flawlessly is still going to be awful. So no, execution is not all.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 01:36:17 AM »

"Concept is the most important part of a game," said Inafune. "If the concept is good, 80% of games are good. That's how important the concept is."

An awful concept executed flawlessly is still going to be awful. So no, execution is not all.

If you botch either completely it's going to be awful, though I'd lean towards the well executed one at least being merely mediocre.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 09:28:02 AM »

If you botch either completely it's going to be awful, though I'd lean towards the well executed one at least being merely mediocre.

On the other hand an excellent concept can inspire others or at least be stolen by somebody with better means of execution, whereas a well executed piece of mediocrity is really nothing more than a forgettable piece of well polished turd.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: