Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 10:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338358 Posts in 13851 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime Comedies?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Anime Comedies?  (Read 3352 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »

No one's mentioned Nichijou? For shame. Barbarians. XD

Although in all fairness Nichijou is really, really Japanese. So for every joke you do get there will be 2 or 3 that completely go under the radar by a long shot.

That's because I already listed it under shows I very much do not like, and for the reasons you mentioned, btw. =P

Oh, and I started SKET Dance already. Liking it a lot, so thanks Kevadu. Now I just gotta figure out another show to go with it (I like watching lighter shows in pairs). I already had to set Slayers aside while I wait for the box set I ordered to arrive, and I gave up watching it on Hulu (I really do hate that site now. Last time I was there I had to sit through 3+ minute commercial breaks. May as well have watched on TV).

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 09:33:50 PM »

Although in all fairness Nichijou is really, really Japanese.

No kidding.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 02:30:15 AM »

Yeah, as far as slice-of-life shows go, Azumanga Daioh is the only one I've really found funny because it feels like the only one willing to find all its humor in what's actually the mundane (Isn't that why we call the damn things slice-of-life?). A lot of the other shows have annoying over-the-top shit like the above to force laughs out of the audience.

Fumoffu's sort of the opposite end, I guess, and I liked that too, for the most part.

And, as serious Welcome to the NHK can get, it still plays out as a comedy for the most part, so maybe I'd take a look there.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »

Chobits cracked me up the first few episodes, but I believe I am in the minority in this feeling. And I adored Thermae Romae!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:00:49 PM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 03:44:23 PM »

Am I the only one who liked "The Idiot Adventures of Photon Earth"?? I never EVER see that one mentioned anywhere.... Anyhoo, barring whats already been mentioned that is my suggestion... but I will take a moment to second Welcome to NHK..

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »

Shit, almost forgot about Soul Eater.  The Japanese version had some pretty good humor and pretty likable characters.  I'd look into that as well.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: