Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 07:07:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329705 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII and Next Kingdom Hearts: "Keep waiting... please?"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII and Next Kingdom Hearts: "Keep waiting... please?"  (Read 11456 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 06, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »

Yes, is another of those topics with Nomura only without the silly jokes about belts and zippers.

Tetsuya Nomura: Next Kingdom Hearts announcement coming before long:

"Although Kingdom Hearts 3D has been out in Japan for a month now, today marks the release of the KH3D Ultimania, which contains a great deal of information on the game including staff interviews.

Nomura says that they've already begun to move forward with new entry(ies) in the series. In fact, he believes that they can make an announcement on the next KH game "before long." As to whether or not that game could be Birth by Sleep vol. 2, Nomura said, "I used 'A Fragmentary Passage' without regard to its context. What I mean is, there's a story for Volume Two, without using that scene. I can't say there isn't a possibility of making it, but there are no plans for it right now."

Source: Nova Crystallis

Tetsuya Nomura "would like to ask for your patience" on Final Fantasy Versus XIII:

GameInformer got a chance to sit down with Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy Versus XIII boss Tetsuya Nomura.

While the bulk of the article focuses on the upcoming KH3D, the magazine did sneak in a question on Nomura's long-awaited action RPG. Asked how Final Fantasy Versus XIII was coming along while noting that it's been 6 years since the game was announced, Nomura replied, "We would like to ask for your patience on an official announcement for this title. It always takes time when tackling the challenge of doing something completely new, but we are doing our best to bring information to the fans as quickly as we can. Your patience is greatly appreciated."

With that said, keep in mind that the game hasn't been announced for western territories at all. Despite being originally shown at E3 2006, Versus XIII remains officially announced only in Japan for the moment. Hopefully that will soon change – just don't expect it at E3 this year if IGN's list is anything to go by.

Source: Nova Crystallis

Final Fantasy Versus XIII a no Show at E3:

"While titles like Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Theatrythm were listed, the biggest name wasn't. Even though a release date for Versus has never been announced, it seems like this is Final Fantasy XIII all over again. Does this mean that Versus has hit another snag, or is Square just waiting until the Tokyo Game Show (in September)?"

Source: EGMNOW

(ノ°ロ°)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:05:13 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »

It's getting a little silly.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »

Screw Versus, just bring Type-0 out in English...

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 05:06:22 AM »

(ノ°ロ°)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Calm down.
┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

The game never existed out of a couple of trailers and mock-up gameplay vids. Nothing shockingly upsetting really.

This line though... this goddamn bullshit of a statement by Nomura...
but we are doing our best to bring information to the fans as quickly as we can. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

UGHHH!!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50:56 AM »

If It's not at TGS at least, with some semblence of a release date, I'm not waiting for this game anymore...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 12:25:30 PM »

(ノ°ロ°)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Calm down.
┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

The game never existed out of a couple of trailers and mock-up gameplay vids. Nothing shockingly upsetting really.

I get what you're saying but what I've never understood about the FNC project is that if it supposedly started in 2003 and they barely had some concepts and ideas in 2006, why did they announce 3 titles that year with nothing to show but the logos of each game and some empty promises?
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »

(ノ°ロ°)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Calm down.
┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

I get what you're saying but what I've never understood about the FNC project is that if it supposedly started in 2003 and they barely had some concepts and ideas in 2006, why did they announce 3 titles that year with nothing to show but the logos of each game and some empty promises?

Good, albeit very immoral, marketing ploy to keep folks interested well beyond (what they knew may very well prove to have been) some real turds of some titles that would prove unsatisfying for an already existing fanbase with expectations.....??

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »

Square should just man-up and cancel this.
I can't even imagine how much money they wasted on keeping this in development.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 03:08:07 PM »

"...We would like to ask for your patience on an official announcement for this title. It always takes time when tackling the challenge of doing something completely new..."

I find this funny, because I'm tired of their definition of "new". I've been waiting for years for square-enix to produce an "old" RPG. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »

I know their development team is small, but geez.  I'm curious what the supposed "snags" are or if its just that the team is being pulled in too many directions.  I used to be genuinely interested in the general premise of the game, but now I'm fairly certain that even if it does come out, it'll probably suck.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »

Last I heard, the "Snag" was the dynamic cutscenes they were trying to create, which they showed off at I think TGS last year. Apparently it's very time consuming.

EDIT: 13th paragraph of this page: http://andriasang.com/comtmd/ff_versus_xiii_update/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:11:26 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 04:03:58 PM »

I'm starting to think that its an age thing, the older I get the more interest I lose in jRPGs. In ten years or so we'll have people complaining that "games aren't what they used to be and why can't they make games like FFXIII again". Very few jRPGs can hold my interest these days, and I don't think the dip in quality is the only thing to blame. I doubt I could go back to some of the games I used to love and look at them the same way I did back then. Whoever manages to make a modern game that captures that oldschool charm without the pitfalls that came with it, will make a killing. Not sure if VersusXIII will be it though.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »

Square should just man-up and cancel this.
I can't even imagine how much money they wasted on keeping this in development.

Can they cancel a game that they teased in Theatrhythm Final Fantasy? Don't forget that Somnus was put as a DLC song.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if this game ended up like one of Molyneux's games - all talk but nothing substantial once released.

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 06:13:23 PM »

So who wants to place bets, what will come out first? Versus or Beyond Good and Evil 2?  I'm voting on BG&E2.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: