Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 10:10:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327216 Posts in 13396 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII and Next Kingdom Hearts: "Keep waiting... please?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII and Next Kingdom Hearts: "Keep waiting... please?"  (Read 10855 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 07:15:37 PM »

So who wants to place bets, what will come out first? Versus or Beyond Good and Evil 2?  I'm voting on BG&E2.

BG&E2 already was clarified to not come out this generation because the hardware is lacking for the game they want to make, so I'd still hedge on FFvXIII. Minute it's moved to the next consoles though I'm going to favor BG&E2.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »

So who wants to place bets, what will come out first? Versus or Beyond Good and Evil 2?  I'm voting on BG&E2.

BG&E2 already was clarified to not come out this generation because the hardware is lacking for the game they want to make, so I'd still hedge on FFvXIII. Minute it's moved to the next consoles though I'm going to favor BG&E2.
That is the stupidest excuse to not release a game I've ever heard.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 11:29:30 AM »

If I remember right, the original BG&E had a mechanic where you had to take photos. Sounds perfect for the WiiU and its gimmicky controller.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate: May as well.
deathsaber

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 12:59:44 PM »

I wish Nomura would just tell the truth and say this 'project' to completely borked. 

He talks about doing something new?  This console is over 6 years old now, and the next gen is being developed as we speak.  There should be nothing new anymore about makings games on ps3.  Making games for this console should be an absolute sciene now- Squaresoft itself has an entire high end engine invented, use it!

This one is just Duke Nukem Forever all over again.  He needs to just drop this waste of time and actually make what everyone really wants (Kingdom Hearts 3!!), if not for ps3, then make it to be a launch window ps4 game- talk about system seller!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 01:59:32 PM »

Squaresoft itself has an entire high end engine invented, use it!

You mean Square-Enix...
I miss Squersoft and I miss Enix. Both made amazing games. The merge produced some bizarre abomination incapable of making anything that comes even remotely close to what either company was capable of. At least they do ok as a publisher.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate: May as well.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 03:09:27 PM »

You mean Square-Enix...
I miss Squersoft and I miss Enix. Both made amazing games. The merge produced some bizarre abomination incapable of making anything that comes even remotely close to what either company was capable of. At least they do ok as a publisher.
You have it all wrong. It was Hironobu Sakaguchi leaving the company that made this a drastic change.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »

You mean Square-Enix...
You have it all wrong. It was Hironobu Sakaguchi leaving the company that made this a drastic change.

Not like MistWalker is dropping A-grade games.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 04:27:27 PM »

Technically Sakaguchi never worked on any Square Enix title. In fact, the last game that Squaresoft officially released was Final Fantasy X-2.

...talking about going out in style.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 04:56:58 PM »

The person responsible for the awesome games of the PSX era Squaresoft was Masato Kato.

Nomura and his band of douches can't manage any game properly and can't design their way out of a paper bag.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »

Nomura and his band of douches can't manage any game properly and can't design their way out of a paper bag.

With Zippers and Belts they can MacGuyver their way out of it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »

I'll go with The Last Guardian.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »

The person responsible for the awesome games of the PSX era Squaresoft was Masato Kato.

Yeah, he also fucked up Ninja Gaiden 3 along with the rest of Team Ninja.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 05:26:25 PM »

I'd attribute that more to the gameplay designers rather than the storywriters.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »

I'd attribute that more to the gameplay designers rather than the storywriters.

Ditto. It sounds like the story MIGHT be a step ahead of other Ninja Gaidens, but story is very much a secondary concern compared to the gameplay for most games, especially one like this. And the ball was dropped on gameplay in one of the most spectacular fashions I've ever heard of.
Der Jermeister

Don't Mess with Him

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »

S-E really shouldn't have announced Versus XIII until they were absolutely sure it would be released in the near future, although they really haven't advertised or actually teased the next Kingdom Hearts game yet. Yay vaporware.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: