Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 02:48:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327393 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII and Next Kingdom Hearts: "Keep waiting... please?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII and Next Kingdom Hearts: "Keep waiting... please?"  (Read 10911 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »

Honestly I don't think it will be cancelled, but I could see it going portable. If anything it should at least reduce costs and they might even ask Sony for some help promoting it.

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »

after watching the versus 13 gameplay trailer this morning i finally understand the hype. i hope that if it is canceled it's folded into 15 and i hope the bullet points in the other rumour thread are true.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »

I like that it's a modern setting, and the story/characters look and sound fantastic.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 04:59:43 PM »

I like that it's a modern setting, and the story/characters look and sound fantastic.

Seriously?  Look, I liked the (very brief) gameplay snippets we saw a while back, but the story and characters have never impressed me.  Noctis seems like everything I hate about Final Fantasy protagonists rolled into one.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 05:29:21 PM »

What a waste if it's true.
I don't feel I'd be able to play 13-3. It'd show a weird sense of priorities on their part. But also, Kotaku is the only one reporting this so far, I'm kinda skeptical.

Well, they say they have a "source" so that would explain why no one else is covering it except for linking to them. 

If this is true, all I have to say is lol.

i hope that if it is canceled it's folded into 15 and i hope the bullet points in the other rumour thread are true.

that's pretty much what came to my mind too.

Honestly I don't think it will be cancelled, but I could see it going portable. If anything it should at least reduce costs

Considering how much money they have most likely sunk into it, I really doubt it would reduce costs to go portable at this point.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 05:32:25 PM »

Seriously?  Look, I liked the (very brief) gameplay snippets we saw a while back, but the story and characters have never impressed me.  Noctis seems like everything I hate about Final Fantasy protagonists rolled into one.

He's a snappy dresser, that goes a long way.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 05:52:51 PM »

I'm a pretty snappy dresser. Where's my FF game? :(

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 07:19:02 PM »

The Versus XIII project dying is about the only square-enix rumor I've heard in a long time I actually believe might be true.... Why you ask? Well for two reasons really.....

A. Not delivering the title most fans have been waiting for with bated breath seems like a square enix move to me... LoL... given their track record of dashing fans hopes and dreams in recent history of actually getting what they want, it just wouldn't surprise me....

and... (my legit reason for buying this to a degree..)

B. Removing "XIII" from the title and keeping "Final Fantasy" in there with a solid console release would more then likely only help the franchise. In fact, I would venture to guess that if the exact same game was released, changing a few areas of script, local names, et cetera.... to make it into its own "new" convoluted FF universe... it would see better sales globally. Lets face it, people are jaded and simply going to overlook ANYTHING with 13 attached to the title at this point. By the same token, some fans feel so "FF-starved" that I would venture to guess they would buy just about anything that marked moving beyond the realm of 13-universe.... and certainly anyone who dug 13 would buy... in other words, I can't really see any economic drawback by doing this... its just a financially "safer" move altogeather... And a brief recap of final fantasy history makes it abundantly clear they have had no problem attaching the name final fantasy to things increase sales, so what to stop them from removing or amending a roman numeral?

Bottom line, we will see this title in some form/incarnation. It is too developed not too... the only real question is to how its going to be presented in regard to its placement amongst the franchise IMO.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »

I won't be too upset if this is true. I mean, I think the thing that was driving most people nuts about V13 was not knowing what was going on with it. We were lucky to get some news within a given year for the past 6 years. Ashton's right about the internet implosion, and I think the move will hurt S-E's cred, but in the long run, most people will get over it. That all being said, I do the like the idea of the game, and am curious to see how it would turn out.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 10:23:43 PM »

maybe i'm being overly pessimistic but i cant help but wonder if some wanted this over FF13 because it has a male lead. unconsious mysogyny and all that.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »

^What...? (・_・ヾ
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 10:36:57 PM »

Well, that depends. Is your preference for female leads androgyny or merely a desire to have a character to relate to potentially? I disliked Lightning because she was a dumbass, not because she was female.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2012, 04:36:27 AM »

Put your faith into a woman to save the world and before you know it BAM, pregnant.

Seriously though I'd be more likely to play a rpg with a female lead. That does tend to lead to disappointment though as they end up just as stupid or idealistic to a fault as their male counterparts.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2012, 09:45:31 AM »

i lol'ed
http://thedailypixel.com/2012/07/21/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-cancelled-after-square-enix-blows-entire-budget-on-pretentious-cgi-trailers/

also any gamefaqs board with FF and 13  in the title is delivering the goods right now. so much denial
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:47:43 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2012, 01:12:27 PM »

characters look and sound fantastic.

are you for real

I'M A FUCKING STUD HEHEHEHEHEHE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: