Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 01:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327864 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII and Next Kingdom Hearts: "Keep waiting... please?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII and Next Kingdom Hearts: "Keep waiting... please?"  (Read 11045 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2012, 01:53:28 PM »

---
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:23:54 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »

Bumping and double posting for "news".

"It looks like producer Shinji Hashimoto was out and about today. If you recall, he recently retired from Twitter in order to focus more on game development.

Appearing as a special guest at Ginza SWING, and covering all things Final Fantasy 25th anniversary, Hashimoto touched a bit on his own project Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Though it hasn't been long since recently debunked rumors of cancellation, Hashimoto included a few comments on how the game has evolved considerably by saying, "The skin has been pulled back a few layers. First and foremost it is important to bring out Versus. Versus is turning out to be incredibly amazing!"
-- Source: Nova Crystallis
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2012, 08:55:27 PM »

Versus is turning out to be incredibly amazing!"[/i]

Mrmrmmmrrrggh it...freaking...better!!

*shakes fist*

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2012, 09:09:13 PM »

Yeah, please keep telling us how it's amazing without actually showing us, because we hang on your every word, Hashimoto. If you say it'll be awesome, I'm sure it'll be awesome! Just like... uh. Front Mission Evolved... never mind.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2012, 09:43:52 PM »

Did anyone say Front Mission Evolved was going to be awesome?  I kind of got the impression that even the developers weren't excited about it...

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2012, 09:50:32 PM »

Did anyone say Front Mission Evolved was going to be awesome?  I kind of got the impression that even the developers weren't excited about it...

Look at it the other way around:

"Our product could be...much better.... we're working on it, but this late in the game...yeesh."

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2012, 05:56:44 AM »

"Congratulations on the 25th anniversary. Please wait for his turn to appear."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:56:02 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2012, 02:53:18 PM »

---
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:56:25 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2013, 09:06:36 PM »

Hidemi Matsuzuka, General Manager of the Square Enix figure brand Play Arts Kai tweet, February 18, 2013: "Prince"

Square Enix reveals Final Fantasy Versus XIII 'Noctis' eau de toilette fragrance -- Source: Nova Crystallis

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »

Why the fuck does a character from a piece of vaporware have a fan-following large enough that he has a product line?  Seriously, can someone explain it to me?
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:10 PM »

Square Enix has had a partnership with a fashion line surrounding Versus XIII for a while now. I think this is part of it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2013, 03:43:18 AM »

from NeoGAF:

"The Gamefaqs insider that informed us of this BDFF localisation has just shared some juicy bits about Versus XIII."

Quote:

"I believe I've already talked about Versus didn't I?

It's been plagued by internal politics strife but is on track for a late 4th quarter 2013 or early 2014.

From what I've seen, it's a gutted project into which far too much money and time has been poured into. Regarding an official announcement, nothing is planned just yet but we are already ramping up partnerships with distributors/retailers."

I think that my suspicion of Versus XIII being a 2014 release might end up being true.

Last thing I knew about the state of the game was that some scenes using the engine of the game were being changed to CGI and viceversa.

Edit: Update (sort of).

"Calling versus a numbered title is debatable at this point.
Anyways some reveals are planned for the TGS (mid september), as for E3 nothing much concerning Versus.

As I said in another topic, they're not even considering localisation as it stands now.
Japan first, we'll see later. Hardly a forward-thinking way of doing things.

Regarding the length of marketing campaigns there's no set rule. It pretty much depends on your definition of campaign. As far as I'm concerned, it takes about 1 year including planning for AAA titles and can take as little as 2 months for smaller projects overseas.

As for it conflicting with Lightning Returns. Not really. The tentative deadlines (Yes, such things do exist, as stupid as this may sound) are far from being too restrictive. Late 4th quarter is the most optimistic one for the game to be ready to ship. (Emphasis on ready.)

My educated guess from the info I have is that late 1st quarter is a far more likely release date. The fighting goes on here and some of the big players aren't too happy with the amount of money this has been costing them. Don't forget that they are pretty much aware that FFXIII versus has been an embarrassment for them worldwide. They don't want to ship a half baked product for this one, now that would truly make them a laughing stock.
"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:55:15 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2013, 10:30:33 AM »

I hope it's not truly the clusterfuck that that post makes it sound like.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »

Exclusive footage of Square Enix developing Versus XIII:

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2013, 11:50:47 AM »

I just want Bravely Default and Type-0 dammit. ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print