Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:59:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334828 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII and Next Kingdom Hearts: "Keep waiting... please?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII and Next Kingdom Hearts: "Keep waiting... please?"  (Read 12482 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2013, 05:38:11 PM »

from NeoGAF:

"The Gamefaqs insider that informed us of this BDFF localisation has just shared some juicy bits about Versus XIII."

Quote:

"I believe I've already talked about Versus didn't I?

It's been plagued by internal politics strife but is on track for a late 4th quarter 2013 or early 2014.

From what I've seen, it's a gutted project into which far too much money and time has been poured into. Regarding an official announcement, nothing is planned just yet but we are already ramping up partnerships with distributors/retailers."

I think that my suspicion of Versus XIII being a 2014 release might end up being true.

Last thing I knew about the state of the game was that some scenes using the engine of the game were being changed to CGI and viceversa.

Edit: Update (sort of).

"Calling versus a numbered title is debatable at this point.
Anyways some reveals are planned for the TGS (mid september), as for E3 nothing much concerning Versus.

As I said in another topic, they're not even considering localisation as it stands now.
Japan first, we'll see later. Hardly a forward-thinking way of doing things.

Regarding the length of marketing campaigns there's no set rule. It pretty much depends on your definition of campaign. As far as I'm concerned, it takes about 1 year including planning for AAA titles and can take as little as 2 months for smaller projects overseas.

As for it conflicting with Lightning Returns. Not really. The tentative deadlines (Yes, such things do exist, as stupid as this may sound) are far from being too restrictive. Late 4th quarter is the most optimistic one for the game to be ready to ship. (Emphasis on ready.)

My educated guess from the info I have is that late 1st quarter is a far more likely release date. The fighting goes on here and some of the big players aren't too happy with the amount of money this has been costing them. Don't forget that they are pretty much aware that FFXIII versus has been an embarrassment for them worldwide. They don't want to ship a half baked product for this one, now that would truly make them a laughing stock.
"

FYI this has been called out as being bullshit. Plus an IP from France and the same person constantly saying this stuff without getting sacked? Doesn't sound very credible, even if they may be guesses that correlate nicely with reality.

I imagine Parn's description of the development holds true however.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2013, 08:51:25 PM »

FYI this has been called out as being bullshit.

I know.

I imagine Parn's description of the development holds true however.

Wouldn't be surprised if somehow that joke actually has some truth to it actually.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2013, 01:44:37 AM »

I know.

I actually brought that up more for everyone else in the thread. Especially now that it sounds like this guy (or someone else) is making a complete ass of himself over this being shot down.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2013, 05:20:37 AM »

I actually brought that up more for everyone else in the thread. Especially now that it sounds like this guy (or someone else) is making a complete ass of himself over this being shot down.

What for writing this after Kagari from gaf said he was full of shit?

Yeah well, whatever happen in the coming months is up to SQEX to make announcements or keep disappointing people for the lack of them.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »

What for writing this after Kagari from gaf said he was full of shit?

Yeah well, whatever happen in the coming months is up to SQEX to make announcements or keep disappointing people for the lack of them.

Well, the 2nd one you linked said feel free to bookmark it and reference it as the months pass.  If true, interesting that he says versus is no longer an action RPG and more "a combination of FFXII and the Classic ATB as seen in the older games"

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2013, 02:17:25 AM »

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/03/square-enix-ditches-social-games-decides-to-focus-on-epic-and-famous-consumer-games-instead/

so this is certainly something

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2013, 03:22:03 AM »

S-E has become the laughingstock of the industry (at least with regard to their internal Japanese projects, being Eidos is the smartest thing they've done this generation...).  If they're seriously trying to turn things around that's great, but I'll believe it when I see it.  Their latest showing at the PS4 conference doesn't exactly instill me with confidence...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2013, 03:36:38 AM »

I wouldn't have any problem if they change their name to 'Enix Eidos'.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2013, 03:53:40 AM »

Hah, I meant to write "buying Eidos", but I guess "being Eidos" works too...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2013, 04:16:52 AM »

Hah, I meant to write "buying Eidos", but I guess "being Eidos" works too...

Which is kind of frustrating when it's one company you REALLY liked growing up versus one company that you were mostly apathetic about.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »

Eidos and Crystal Dynamics did the Legacy of Kain games, so I have to say growing up I was pretty equally enthralled with Square and Eidos. At least one of them in that bloated fusion body continues not to disappoint.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2013, 05:01:29 PM »

I wouldn't have any problem if they change their name to 'Enix Eidos'.

Might happen at the rate they're going at.

The company NEEDS Versus, needs to get FF14 off it's ass, needs some other remake or surprise item, it needs to wow people again.  Eidos has really picked up the slack for them.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2013, 03:09:12 AM »

i hope it never comes out just because i dont get the fascination the FF fanbase has with versus. now then maybe we will finally get FFX HD

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:26 AM »

As far as I know Versus XIII never really stopped any kind of development of any other project at SQEX. If anything, I've always heard that they put people from the Versus team to help in others projects.

Besides even if after 4 years people still like to bitch and blame how the XIII series made everything worse, SQEX got stuck because of social games (which is said that they left behind for now) and fixing Final Fantasy XIV and that put any other big project to be released later. Not to mention that Nomura (director of Versus XIII) is always busy with Kingdom Hearts.

The whole thing with Type-0 was all because of bad timing, which sucks because Type-0 looks great and FFX HD seems to be taking this long because they seem to be busy with remastering the game or something like that.

...oh and Bravely Default is stuck in limbo for localization.

Edit: Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII renamed XV, moved to PS4 -- Source: Gematsu

Something has to come out with all these rumors going on... I'm really bored of seeing the game being talked in this manner for such a long time.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:36:35 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: