Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327303 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Dead Space 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dead Space 3  (Read 2653 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 09, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »

POSSIBLY CO-OP!!!!!.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/09/rumor-dead-space-3-getting-co-op.aspx
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »

I will buy this.

I will wet my pants at this.

I will enjoy this.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:28:11 PM »

#1 was an incredible game. #2 is waiting in the wing for me.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 05:00:52 PM »

2 was good, but it was less frightening overall. I will admit.....the ending can fuck with you, and the start is hectic.

1 had an ongoing sense of fright the whole game. I always feared what was around the corner, 2 didn't have that effect on me.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 06:10:37 PM »

The main problem I had with 1 is that when you entered a room you could look at it and go... "bad guys are going to exploded out of those vents at some point."

Some tense moments and good shocks. Especially the unkillable guy and when you're locked into a room and had to survive.

More than anything I loved the environment, gameplay, and story.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »

Co-op confirmed

FUCK YES
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 02:21:58 PM »

I have mixed feeling fro this series. I'm a big fan of survival horror and none of those game ever made me scared, if anything only the 2nd game gave me a single scare in one of those BOOOO moments (monster jumps out of the closet).
Both games have great settings, sound, enemies, actually a lot of stuff right, just some with each that takes big points for me.

The first starts good but it gets so repetitive, especially because there's a lot of backtracking but unlike other survival horrors where the scenario changes a bit, since you are in a spaceship in the middle of space, everything looks alike. There's also the horrible story that is too bad to make sense of it, at least it is not in your face all the time but still gets in the way.

The second game is much better, much more varied, the story is still bad but you can ignore it and still have fun. The repetitiveness is addressed so it gets much more enjoyable BUT they took the great boss battles the first had.

Overall it feels like it's one step forward and one back (or at least half a step back).

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 02:56:30 PM »

Looks bro-tastic.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 10:21:31 AM »

Yeah,  was pretty happy to hear about this coming, even though it was inevitable. I liked both 1 and 2, but for different reasons. 1 felt kind of fresh when it came out, as I had never really [played any sci-fi horror games before. It was even scary in parts. 2 still had the kick ass atmosphere, but didn't scare me like 1 did. It's a better game from the action side of things, though. The story in both is bad, but I have a particular fondness for "bad" horror so it works for me. I did miss the boss battles in 2. I hope they bring them back in 3.
Of course, I don't care at all about the co-op, as I'll never play that way, but the series seems a natural for it. Blasting space zombies with a bud makes sense.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »

Co-op confirmed

FUCK YES

In the most boring way possible. I was hoping for a guy that'd just be there if you were playing co-op, but wasn't if not, making it surreal and make him seem like a figment of Isaac's imagination, but no, they're chatting throughout the whole demo! I hope Isaac's relatively quiet in single player.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »

Yeah like I said in the E3 thread and I'm sure everyone else feels similarly ... they Gears'ed up this game big time.

Having the co-op player be an imaginary friend is gold.

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 10:27:46 PM »

I'm worried about the co-op component, but the fact that you can still play the whole game single player has me hopeful.  If they put enough time and effort into both campaigns to make them feel complete and unique, then I'm certainly excited. 
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 03:34:34 PM »

Co-op confirmed

FUCK YES

In the most boring way possible. I was hoping for a guy that'd just be there if you were playing co-op, but wasn't if not, making it surreal and make him seem like a figment of Isaac's imagination, but no, they're chatting throughout the whole demo! I hope Isaac's relatively quiet in single player.

Sheer Genius!!! ^^^^ They need to hire you Eusis

Everything's Eventual
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »

Should be called "Dead Lost Space Gears Planet of War 3"

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »

So uh, how is adding co-op to a survival horror game that focuses on themes of isolation a good thing?

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: