I good topics and I'm stealing them....
What are some of your more uncommon opinions about gaming??
We all have them, probably one of the main reasons we are able to debate here the way we do.
- Dragon Quest sucks.. lots.
- Turn-based is old and out-dated (unless it's changed up a bit...I like the spin titles like Radiant Historia added, or the speed and tweaked mechanics of FFX's).
- Motoi Sakuraba is one of my favorite VG composers (ranked among a few others, and even if he DOES rip himself off)
- On the other hand, Nobuo Uematsu is overrated. Granted, he is good... but its pretty much only HIM and Nintendo getting orchestrated concerts.
- I think Tales of the Abyss is in my favorite video game story ever. Luke one of the most human/best developed characters, and Ion as an NPC.
- Mario games have lost their touch.
- Skyward Sword was a terrible Zelda title. Twilight Princess being one of the best.
- Zero Suit Samus looks stupid and ruined whatever air of mystery to Samus (and long wavy hair > mushroom head and ponytail).
- FF5 and 6 deserves a remake more/before than 7.
- Chrono Cross is a good follow-up to Trigger (while I thought the plot was top-notch, the writing, like a lot of titles of this time, was terrible), and the battle system was great too! Granted, I still think Trigger is outstanding as well.
- Tri-Ace is one of the best video game developers (although, I hear their latest Japan-only efforts were below par... here's hoping they come out of it, and Japan will finally gracefully move on from the PSP soon).
- Persona games... meh. Really? People like scaling one dungeon every night? On that note...
- Dungeon crawlers do little for me. Took Dark Cloud 2's bright fantasy colours to make me happy. And on THAT note...
- Level-5 is terribly overrated aside from a very, very few select tiles.
- WRPGs automatically earn one less star for being so...uncreative and essentially being Tolkien-rip-offs time and time again. This is not to say they games are bad -- but creativity goes a long way with me. =( Ohhh...elves and dwarves... again.
- Mario Kart Double Dash is one of the strongest racing games made (...mainly for the Co-op element...)