Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 03:08:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319255 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game-opinions no one else agrees with.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Game-opinions no one else agrees with.  (Read 6148 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2012, 03:05:47 AM »

Super Mario Galaxy isn't that great a game, at least compared to Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.

Finally someone who shares my opinion on that game! I hate Galaxy.

Not to mention they took out the best part about 64 and Sunshine: being able to get stars you're not even suppose to get yet.
I still wouldn't say I hate it, though. It's just disappointing and kinda meh for me. I still managed to play it off and on to get halfway through, though that was by playing one level per session.

Definitely that point there.  I loved the 'surprise' when you got a star you weren't actually aiming for.
I loved Galaxy, but it definitely didn't sit right, the lack of exploration was definitely a factor.

Also -- I fucking hate playing Mario as a virtual obstacle course (some Sunshine levels drove me fucking crazy for that).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »

Also -- I fucking hate playing Mario as a virtual obstacle course (some Sunshine levels drove me fucking crazy for that).

Hated that too. Just played Super Mario Sunshine recently but got stuck on one of those "obstacle course" stages. I got far enough through it to see that rest of the stage would be a complete pain in the rear. I recall running into similar problems in Galaxy, of course. It may be a while before I can get up the courage to attempt that stage again...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »

Having replayed Metal Gear Solid 2 recently I've confirmed that I actually like the story (though the story telling is heavy-handed at times).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: