Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 08:33:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341244 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Nomura: "New titles take priority over Final Fantasy VII Remake"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Nomura: "New titles take priority over Final Fantasy VII Remake"  (Read 20661 times)
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 01:28:09 AM »

Kitase should fornicate himself with an iron stick.

Square Enix needs to prioritize going to hell

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 12:58:10 AM »

http://andriasang.com/con1ny/wada_on_ffvii_remake/

Curious statement.
Thoughts?

(I say it's accurate, though FFIX is pretty high up there to me too).

But I will say FF7 was the last game that made me feel like this:

(granted, it was my first big "3d" game, so that probably turned up it's awesome to 11).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »

What an asshole. He's got a clear shot at making his ENTIRE fanbase happy and basically giving squeenix a free ride for 10 more years by remaking that game, but first he has to make something better than it...essentially digging his own grave cuz his entire.fanbase will never admit any ff is better than VII (the 3-5 people here do not matter compared to the 3-5 million idiots who ride cloud's massive buster sword asshole first).

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 01:12:40 AM »

Wada is just fucking around with us. IX, X and XII are for all I know way better than FFVII, the thing with FFVII is that it was very influential and the first RPG of many nerds but one of the best? FFVI take that place with honors.

Not to mention that just yesterday I believe it was said that FFXI was the most profitable game in the franchise.

Square Enix should have never done that tech demo. Just gives us new Final Fantasy games for god's sake, I'm still waiting for FF Type-0 and Versus XIII... goddammit.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 01:15:19 AM »

He probably means 'financial success of a single player sequel' because even with the plot holes I could likely make an argument for even VIII to have superseded VII on some level. (If nothing else just for the unique, has yet to be replicated again, setting.)

I mean they already tried to make an 'HD update' to XI (assuming it bypassed the financial success level) and we saw how well that went. XD
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 02:00:13 AM »

Now I remember that it has been more or less 2 years since I read in Siliconera about those remakes of FFV and VI for the 3DS. Wonder if that is still a thing.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 02:01:38 AM »

Now I remember that it has been more or less 2 years since I read in Siliconera about those remakes of FFV and VI for the 3DS. Wonder if that is still a thing.

DS limitations probably stopped it for the time being. With the 3DS I'm sure they're re-evaluating it.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 02:16:25 AM »

DS limitations probably stopped it for the time being. With the 3DS I'm sure they're re-evaluating it.

Fucking hope so.... we got fed like 4 versions of FF4 in the current/previous gen.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 03:17:08 PM »

I wonder how much a FF 7 remake would even sell at this point. I am sure not badly but besides all the super big fans who have been longing for it all these years, would its reputation be enough to rope in lots of new ones?

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 05:00:47 PM »

If they just keep remaking FFIX over and over, I'd be happy with that. :)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »

As much as intelligent people would knock it, everyone who purchased VII back in the day would buy it. I know I would, I enjoyed VII as a game, as I'm sure most people here did. It would sell incredibly well, no questions.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 05:43:50 PM »

If they just keep remaking FFIX over and over, I'd be happy with that. :)

The only thing that needs to be fixed there is the speed of the battles.

I keep saying that Vagrant Story needs a remake. :T
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 05:59:41 PM »

I keep saying that Vagrant Story needs a remake. :T

Updating a remake of Vagrant Story could be done easily enough by updating the shortcut menu to include changing weapons and shield, and allowing more fluid control of the camera.

But really, I'd rather see a sequel to Vagrant Story with Matsuno at the helm than a remake. The original still stands up pretty well by today's standards so a remake isn't a big deal to me. Though, given that Matsuno is no longer freelance, it might be a long while before we see a sequel. Maybe he can do a spiritual sequel for Level-5?
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 10:22:39 AM »

its really a shame SE abandoned FFX's  battle system so fast. its still the best in the series imo and there is still plenty of room for it to grow. one feature that was under utilized was attacking background objects to damage enemies. im hopeful when FFX HD comes they utilize that engine for another FF game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 03:23:36 PM »

Toriyama discusses FFXIII Season 2, DLC and CEO's recent FFVII comment at Taipei GDC

"Toriyama's presentation ended not with Final Fantasy XIII or XIII-2, but with Final Fantasy VII. During a Q&A session, an attendee asked when a Final Fantasy VII remake will be released. Toriyama replied by mentioning the recent quote from Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada saying that Square Enix won't make an FFVII remake until they've made a game that surpasses FFVII. He joked, "As a creator, there's a bit in there that I can't agree with."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: