Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:34:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330191 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Nomura: "New titles take priority over Final Fantasy VII Remake"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Nomura: "New titles take priority over Final Fantasy VII Remake"  (Read 4030 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 01:49:59 AM »

its really a shame SE abandoned FFX's  battle system so fast. its still the best in the series imo and there is still plenty of room for it to grow. one feature that was under utilized was attacking background objects to damage enemies. im hopeful when FFX HD comes they utilize that engine for another FF game.

Ditto that. I absolutely love battles in 10. I might pick up the HD one for some saweet trophy action
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 02:00:28 AM »

Honestly; as much as I bag on the game I actually thought FFX-2 had a better battle system then X. In hindsight it's basically a pre-cursor to the Paradigm system but it feels like a 'Truth in Television' moment where the prototype is superior to the production model.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 02:20:54 AM »

I thought FF10 (sans Kimahri) was nearly perfect.  The game was easy, but the extra bosses and challenges made it worth it (Dark Aeons had BETTER be included with the PSV HD-remake).  It was nice for once seeing what effect "Haste" or "Slow" had with the turn-order wheel on to the side of the screen (I honestly thought a few games lied about it; characters still felt like they were taking their sweet ass time with Haste on them) -- and it was great for actually preparing moves or healing before some big fucker got to pull off his big finisher.  Bring it back.  I especially liked the speed of each battle, especially for a "turn-based" system.  With enough battles under your belt, everything practically felt seamless.

I'm curious what they have up their sleeves for Versus 13 -- when/if it happens.  I'll shed a lil' tear if it's being delayed so they can continue the utter garbage plot that is the FF13-Saga, which is borderlines the Twilight-Saga in how shitty it is.  Fuck you Squeenix, is it that hard to do good work nowadays?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 02:45:46 AM »

i also hope it has the mode where any character can enter any grid at the begining.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 04:33:35 AM »

I might pick up the HD one for some saweet trophy action

Yeah right, have fun dodging those lighting bolts 200 times in the Thunder Plains.

I'm pretty sure there will be a trophy for that, and is going to be a pain in ass to get it.

I'm curious what they have up their sleeves for Versus 13 -- when/if it happens.  I'll shed a lil' tear if it's being delayed so they can continue the utter garbage plot that is the FF13-Saga, which is borderlines the Twilight-Saga in how shitty it is.  Fuck you Squeenix, is it that hard to do good work nowadays?

Personally I don't have any hope for the story of Versus XIII. And why would I anyway?
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 05:44:13 AM »

They're not going to bother with having you dodge just 200 lightning bolts for Platinum. No, they're going to make you dodge it over 9000 times.

Honestly; as much as I bag on the game I actually thought FFX-2 had a better battle system then X. In hindsight it's basically a pre-cursor to the Paradigm system but it feels like a 'Truth in Television' moment where the prototype is superior to the production model.

After recently revisiting the game I can say that FFX-2 did not have a better system. Granted the jobs and sphere grids were a neat addition, the fact that they not only went back to ATB but also added that godawful query mechanic on top of that simply dragged the rest of it too far down for any other improvement from X-1 to save.

The fact that it was the absolute worst aspect of FFXII's combat system didn't help things either.

Also, requisite TV Tropes == ugh.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 07:19:23 AM »

I didn't even remember that thing was a trope until you mentioned it. XP Haven't been on that site in well over a year. I was remembering it as an expression. XD
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 10:16:12 AM »

People hate that site??? D:

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 10:30:34 AM »

Yeah right, have fun dodging those lighting bolts 200 times in the Thunder Plains.

I'm pretty sure there will be a trophy for that, and is going to be a pain in ass to get it.

That only concerns psychos that go for platinums :)
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 10:35:57 AM »

There's usually a few retarded-to-achieve gold trophies like that which have always prevent me for going for platinum.   

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »

If the trophy is just ridiculously difficult to get then at first I'll try to see if I'm able to get it but if I can't after trying for a while why bother?

Besides, I'm always been terrible at the mini-games in FFX. :|
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »

People hate that site??? D:

I don't have anything against it; but usually I try to avoid quoting anything from it because some people are just so anti-mainstream/hipster they balk the moment you use anything even tangentially related to it. (Really the only justification people have for hating it boils down to the site being a condensation of ideas that share a common thread and apply them to everything in sight.) It's a shame because the compression of information is a good thing for the English language; as the more information you can convey in lesser amounts of words the more clearly you can explain your point, with elaboration when required.

Sometimes I think people who hate instances like that want people to talk with unending elaboration, as in never ceasing to explain and repeat what they say; because so long as information is presented in an 'original' manner, one lacking in uniformity and being without common peer, then repetition and over-elongation is so much less headache inducing and pain-generating is it not? :-P (*Note the sarcasm* XD )

Edit: Not trying to pick specifically on you Aeolus. ^_~
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 03:20:48 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: