Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 06:26:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338408 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  E.X. Troopers (Lost Planet offshoot) for N3DS and PS3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E.X. Troopers (Lost Planet offshoot) for N3DS and PS3  (Read 1203 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »

E.X. Troopers: a Lost Planet spinoff for... 3DS and PS3:

"We certainly didn't expect a 3DS spinoff of Lost Planet... and we definitely didn't expect a 3DS-slash-PS3 spinoff. EX Troopers, revealed in this week's Famitsu magazine, is also unexpectedly anime styled, featuring manga panel cutscenes and a theme by Jpop star May'n.

EX Troopers takes place on EDN-3rd, in some kind of academy. Bren Turner is new in school, and seems to jump right into the Akrid fighting in what producer Shintaro Kojima describes as a beginners' action shooter."
- Source: joystiq

E.X. Troopers Trailer and Official Site:

"Capcom has opened an official site for its Lost Planet offshoot E.X. Troopers. Access the site for a promotional movie, character voice samples, and Twitter icons." -- Source: andriasang

I hope Capcom doesn't screw this one up so badly, at this point one can only dream though.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 01:24:10 AM »

I'm more shocked Capcom has gone back to a very Japanesey-looking game.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »

I'm even more shockeder that they haven't megacanned Lost Planet altogether yet (they just rebranded it and douse it in an anime veneer).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »

Lost Planet 3 is being made by Spark Unlimited and they had only make 3 games that nobody really cares about. Not that I'm saying that as something bad but, that's how things are for what I've seen.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 04:12:05 PM »

I saw Giant Robots in space in the trailer. If this somehow has even one space mecha fight, I will buy it without hesitation.

Otherwise it just looks weird and out of place for this franchise.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 04:39:06 PM »

This looks pretty bitchin'

I'm even more shockeder that they haven't megacanned Lost Planet altogether yet (they just rebranded it and douse it in an anime veneer).

I think they've sold pretty damn well.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 05:37:50 PM »

Yeah, I think both games sold over a million. Lost Planet 2 might have sold 2 million, even.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »

That is an odd console combination though.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 07:19:59 PM »

Capcom's E.X. Troopers has nothing to do with Mega Man Legends 3

---

E.X. Troopers isn't coming to the West

Capcom's Corporate Officer and Senior Vice-President Christian Svensson has confirmed that the company currently has no plans to bring Lost Planet spin-off E.X. Troopers to the west.

The disappointing news was delivered in an 'Ask Capcom' thread on the company's official forums.

The forum member's original question actually related to the thorny issue of the Mega Man series, and a recent comment by Svensson that he feels the franchise has too many 'sub series'. To counter this argument, the forum poster mentioned E.X. Troopers based on the fact that it's a sub series of Lost Planet, seemingly making the assumption that the game would be heading out of Japan.

Svensson's response was:

"No because E.X. Troopers isn't part of the LP series officially (thus the difference in name) nor are there plans to bring it Westward at this time."

So there you have it - Capcom isn't looking to translate and publish EX Troopers outside of its native Japan, where it launches on November 22nd of this year.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:15:37 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: