Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 04:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338694 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Ancient Book of Y's 1 and 2... and on the note of games based anime.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ancient Book of Y's 1 and 2... and on the note of games based anime.....  (Read 934 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »

So I just picked up the Y's Anime and I'm curious... how accurate is the anime telling of the tale to the games? I played through Ys 1  but not Ys 2 and I'm hoping this will suffice because I'm really anxious to get onto Oath (I wanna view the story chronologically and don't feel like running into baddies for 12 more hours..... i want to swing a sword damnit).....

Also, while on that note.... instead of making multiple threads.... what other anime based on rpgs or games are accurate to the series and not spin offs or too bastard-ized to be considered a sufficient re-telling of the tale? I've pretty much avoided most "game to anime" conversions in the past....

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:46:32 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »

Pretty much all of the best selling "Tales" series has an anime to go with it. Phantasia, abyss, symphonia, vesperia...may be more, idk offhand. Though not an rpg, Devip May cry has an anime as well, though it is its own story. Not much else I can name offhand.

TASTY!
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 06:22:32 PM »

Tales of Eternia can be added to the list of Tales games w/ anime, but it's a side story thing.  Phantasia's OVA is a fair retelling of the middle of the game and Abyss is also pretty straightforward. 

There have been multiple anime made in the Street Fighter and Fatal Fury / King of Fighters franchises, but they're all awful with the exception of the Street Fighter 2 animated movie (which is awesome and don't you forget it).  Avoid the two SF Alpha animes like they're a handsy person with herpes. 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:35:25 PM »

How is the anime series of Valkyria Chronicles? Never played the game by the way.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: