Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 03:04:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329726 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Wii sensor bar help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wii sensor bar help  (Read 1673 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2012, 05:16:37 PM »

Okay, here's the situation. I need to run a wii sensor bar to a location through a wall, only I can't put the cable through the wall anymore, as the walls are finished and a 20 dollar item isn't grounds for a several thousand dollar wall adjustment. So, my options are pretty limited...power the sensor bar through a local outlet, or a wireless option. My question is regarding powering it through local means. Is there a wii sensor bar or third party variation that can be plugged into an outlet, and if not, does anyone have a page or an idea of where I can go to find specifications for modifying it to use an ac adapter? Before anyone suggests candles or flashlights or anything, not an option, the bar is the most asthetically pleasing and has to be used.

I looked around already for simple voltage specs, and only found info from people who either couldn't speak english or typed horribly, but what I managed to gather was the bar is 7.5-12 volts, though third party bars are 5-6 volts. Also didn't get if that was ac or dc, which was problematic. If anyone could even tell me that, I'd be essentially set in stone. Thanks in advance.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »

my advice is to drink heavily
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »

my advice is to drink heavily
We'll call that plan B.

TASTY!
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 10:42:28 PM »

I read the post, though I think a wireless sensor bar is maybe? the only choice, like this one http://www.vgblogger.com/accessory-review-memorex-wii-wireless-sensor-bar-and-quad-controller-charging-kit/7652/

I searched for the same thing a while back AgentD and found nothing
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:41:51 PM »

Wireless really has to be last ditch, though I appreciate the reply darklight. I have absolutely no problem destroying the sensor bar cable in an attempt to make this work. Hell, I have several cat 6 cables ran through the wall to the final location, I can use one of the 4 pairs and splice the xable onto it and attach the connector end and just run it into the wii, just rather not waste a network cable for just that.

Long story short, rich person, expensive house, specific asthetical preferences, and a very large equipment rack.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:44:28 AM »

I love a large rack
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: