Author Topic: my experimenting in live internet radio  (Read 4584 times)

Ramza

my experimenting in live internet radio
« on: May 29, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »
http://www.8bitx.com/chatroom/

click the livestream and join the chat. I'm having a "playlist-off" vs Don Kotowski, an editor at squareenixmusic.com -- we're having a lot of fun. Lots of Japanese VGM, some you'll know, others you've not heard of at all. We'll be doing this til 10pm EST. Something to do if you're bored, w/e. This is my first time doing live (as opposed to pre-recorded) internet radio. Just putting it out there, you guys know how shameless I am. ^_^

Ramza

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
Re: my experimenting in live internet radio
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 08:37:28 PM »
I am listening. I approve of the music that has been played.
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Wild Armor

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »
On listening too. Great stuff... :)

EDIT: Good show! :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:08:37 PM by Wild Armor »

Ramza

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 10:16:47 PM »
thanks so much for coming out and supporting. Was a lot of fun.

I talked to Don and we're gonna do another one of these in August, but this time it'll be 100% Yuzo Koshiro. Etrian Odyssey 4, among others, will be featured. It'll be so RPG-heavy that I won't even feel a tinge of shame for promoting it here.

Wild Armor

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:35:03 PM »
thanks so much for coming out and supporting. Was a lot of fun.

I talked to Don and we're gonna do another one of these in August, but this time it'll be 100% Yuzo Koshiro. Etrian Odyssey 4, among others, will be featured. It'll be so RPG-heavy that I won't even feel a tinge of shame for promoting it here.

Looking forward to it...Be sure to announce the date eventually ;)
I'll do my research in the meanwhile

Wild Armor

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

Is this still happening???? :)

Ramza

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 11:01:30 PM »
Don and I have def been in touch. We are pushing it back to mid-September so we can also cover the EO4 arrange album (not the drama + 8bit one at the end of the month, but the "Super Arrange Version" that will have Ryo Yonemitsu, Yukihiro Jindo, et al). It is happening. We are psyched.

Ramza

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »
Alright, it's official. Don and I, alongside RPGFan's Stephen Meyerink, will be doing our Koshiro-only live show this Wednesday starting at 9pm (Eastern). Details here:

http://www.8bitx.com/2012/09/jurassic-hour-live-koshiro-fest-coming-wednesday-sept-19-9pm-et/

Please tell everyone you can about the show! Hopefully we'll get a lot of people out for this!

Wild Armor

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »
Alright, it's official. Don and I, alongside RPGFan's Stephen Meyerink, will be doing our Koshiro-only live show this Wednesday starting at 9pm (Eastern). Details here:

http://www.8bitx.com/2012/09/jurassic-hour-live-koshiro-fest-coming-wednesday-sept-19-9pm-et/

Please tell everyone you can about the show! Hopefully we'll get a lot of people out for this!

I'll be there! :) Do you plan on making a Facebook Event of this on the RPGFan account? That might net you a bit more listeners that way.

Ramza

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »

I'll be there! :) Do you plan on making a Facebook Event of this on the RPGFan account? That might net you a bit more listeners that way.

Calling on Stephen? Can you do this? ^_^

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Ramza

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »
We're live in 30 minutes. Please come out and tell your friends. :)

http://www.8bitx.com/chatroom/

Wild Armor

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 01:34:22 AM »
Late post, but feedback:

I enjoyed the show from what I was able to squeeze into my schedule for that night (I had a Film & Music paper due the next day). I'd like for you guys to do this again as a monthly bit, as I think it would catch on to be something spicy--at least aurally attractive to the vgm buds ;).