Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:50:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332705 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 Trailers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: E3 Trailers  (Read 8517 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »

There's already a ton of stuff leaking out before E3--and I'm sure there's more to come--so I figured I would make this thread just to keep track of it all.  In no particular order:

Ni no Kuni

Tomb Raider

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Quantum Conundrum

Anything else of interested been shown yet?

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:42:15 AM »

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim "Dawnguard" Trailer

DLC stuff.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/03/nintendo-announced-surprise-pre-e3-event-for-sunday-afternnon.aspx
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »

3DS redesign is all I'm interested.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »

Just a note - Nintendo is having a pre-E3 conference tonight at 6pm ET.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »

3DS redesign is all I'm interested.

You really think they'll show that off with the big Wii U unveiling? At best that'll come out of the blue in a few months.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct_pre_e3_2012/en/index.html

Playing across TIME AND SPACE!1!1!...

It's so precious to see just how naive Nintendo is of basic human nature. It'll be Google Roulette all over again.

Still, I'll be nice to have not to have to leave my couch to go look up GameFAQs for whatever I'm playing at the moment.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »

The new pro controller looks fantastic.  I think it's one of the nicest looking controllers I've ever soon.  So why the heck is everyone freaking out about it?

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 10:42:41 PM »

Already there's too much "stuff" with the Wii-U. You have the big controller, the new dual analog one, and not too mention all the wii-motes and what-have-yous.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 10:46:27 PM »

My only complaint about the pro-controller is the placement of the buttons and the right analog stick.  They're arbitrarily placed that way for the sole purpose of being different than the Xbox 360 gamepad.  It is ergonomic to have the left analog stick and the buttons at the same position towards the top of the pad, which happens to be the default position your thumbs are when your hand lightly holds it, simply because the left analog stick and buttons are the most-used items on a gamepad.  Apparently Microsoft is now the only company that has an ergonomically-friendly gamepad design.  The GameCube pad was fantastic Nintendo, why the hell are you doing this?
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 12:09:51 AM »

My only complaint about the pro-controller is the placement of the buttons and the right analog stick.  They're arbitrarily placed that way for the sole purpose of being different than the Xbox 360 gamepad.  It is ergonomic to have the left analog stick and the buttons at the same position towards the top of the pad, which happens to be the default position your thumbs are when your hand lightly holds it, simply because the left analog stick and buttons are the most-used items on a gamepad.  Apparently Microsoft is now the only company that has an ergonomically-friendly gamepad design.  The GameCube pad was fantastic Nintendo, why the hell are you doing this?

Because they wanted to flip the positions of the face buttons and D-pad with the analog sticks. At least it looks like it doesn't require having to plug into a Wiimote to use like the other CCs.

Also they probably wanted to avoid the copyright infringement troubles they got into with the CC1.

(Also also, why am I feeling like there should be a .gif of Goku's speech where he officially goes into SSJ3 but instead shows off the various CCs.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 12:53:54 AM »

Well maybe it's just me but the right stick placement is my favorite part.  I've been wishing somebody would make a controller like that for years.  I hate the asymmetric design of the 360 pad.  There's nothing natural about it.  Most games these days have your thumbs spending most of their time on the sticks.  Both sticks.  In a 1st or 3rd person action game I'm constantly using the camera control, only moving my thumb off the stick for the occasional special action.  Of course the equation changes for different kinds of games, but I think in general the sticks are the most-used part of the controller.  They deserve to be front-and-center.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 01:03:58 AM »

With most 3D games, seems like analog is bigger than the directional pad.  Now to have an uneven match between the analog and the action buttons... I feel like we got another lop-sided N64 controller, where you're holding the right 2/3's of the controller diagonally.

*sigh*.  I wish we just got a new GameCube controller.
I still hate this tablet thing too.  I'm really hoping they work on making that comfy for human hands, it just seems downright clunky for any sort of hardcore gaming.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:14:47 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 01:04:43 AM »

Just by watching the Pre-E3 Conference I can tell that I'm not going to like their new console all that much...

About the new "pro" controller though I wonder why it can be more like the one from the GameCube. :< To this day I've had profound love for that controller, is so damn awesome.

You really think they'll show that off with the big Wii U unveiling? At best that'll come out of the blue in a few months.

I don't really mind. They can talk all they want about how the Wii U will change the world, I only want they fix the few problems that their handheld has.

---

Edit: Now with the new controller that Nintendo showed people in neogaf are saying that the DualShock is dead. What the hell.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:54:02 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 09:18:34 AM »

Why do you people love the gamecube controller? Damn was that thing a piece of shite.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: