Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 11:41:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331436 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 Trailers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: E3 Trailers  (Read 8333 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »

Why do you people love the gamecube controller? Damn was that thing a piece of shite.

At least in my experience I never felt any sort of pain in my hands after playing the shit out of RE4 and The Wind Waker with that controller. Is not overly designed and everything feels right.

Hell! You can even play fighting games with the damn thing without a problem. Never got the hate that the controller gets sometimes but whatevs.

( ̄^ ̄)
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 11:43:03 AM »

The Gamecube controller isn't too bad but I don't like the thin handles. They put your fingers into a tight grip, rather than just resting in your open palms like a 360 controller.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »

The Gamecube controller isn't too bad but I don't like the thin handles. They put your fingers into a tight grip, rather than just resting in your open palms like a 360 controller.

Hard to meet the needs of everyone's hand sizes.  Haha, I found the 360 controller too clunky. :P

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »

Halo 4 looks like more of the same but that's ok with me I guess. More sci-fi-ish soundtrack. Cortana is hotter. Also the big spaceship the humans made crashed immediately.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »

"If you have a body, you're an athlete."
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »

Tomb Raider looks sweet.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 01:40:02 PM »

What was that "Downloadable content first on Xbox 360" at the end of the presentation of RE6?
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 01:45:26 PM »

I avoided watching most of that one. I've already seen too much of that game I feel
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »

Haha. I skipped the one of Tomb Raider for fear of spoilers. :p People were saying it looked like Uncharted in the chat on GiantBomb so that's cool.

RE6 looks fine I guess, I saw too many QTEs though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:11:15 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 02:01:49 PM »

I hope to see some xcom.

The gamespot stage show is a good one to watch. It's nightly starting tomorrow and it's nothing but game demos. Good to see under the radar stuff
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »

xbox conference was a joke. most games showed are multi platform. oh and lol internet explorer.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 02:30:49 PM »

My only complaint about the pro-controller is the placement of the buttons and the right analog stick.  They're arbitrarily placed that way for the sole purpose of being different than the Xbox 360 gamepad.  It is ergonomic to have the left analog stick and the buttons at the same position towards the top of the pad, which happens to be the default position your thumbs are when your hand lightly holds it, simply because the left analog stick and buttons are the most-used items on a gamepad.  Apparently Microsoft is now the only company that has an ergonomically-friendly gamepad design.  The GameCube pad was fantastic Nintendo, why the hell are you doing this?

I'm waiting until I get it in my hand, but I see two possible advantages here:

1. That's actually smarter for shooters. You talk about the buttons being where you want your thumbs, but for a lot of those the buttons are secondary to the right stick, you'll use the four on the top more than the four on the face.

2. By keeping the D-Pad and face buttons aligned it may actually be more comfortable than the 360's is for platformers, even if you somehow replaced the 360 D-pad with a good one. That was one of my issues, I can deal with Left stick/Right Stick being asymmetrical, but the D-Pad and face buttons are another story.

Still, I imagine a different shape MIGHT have been better for that specific layout, and I do worry about how the Pro Controller will be for action games like Devil May Cry that don't need the right stick as much as the face buttons. I suspect the 360's layout is going to be best for games like that, 3D Platformers, basically anything where constant camera control isn't necessary.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:19:30 PM by Eusis » Logged
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »

I can't wait for the South Park game. I loved the trailer and it seems like it'll be a great game.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 02:44:30 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VejlMi8XB5c

Didn't expect seeing one of these kinds of videos so fast uploaded already.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:48:49 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »

Never before have I seen such good conference time wasted so badly.

Outside of the South Park guys trolling the audience by vacating the building immediately after making their presentation, the best part of the conference was the sudden realization that this sweet movie trailer was Halo 4 followed by the sudden disappointment that this was Metroid Prime 4: Halo.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: