Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 03:10:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341038 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 Trailers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: E3 Trailers  (Read 9647 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

I missed the MS conference but from what I'm reading it was just a bunch of we-paid-company-X-to-do-DLC-on-our-platform-first announcements (we're seriously still doing this shit?).  On, and Halo 4.  I'm sure that will sell a bajillion copies but I certainly don't care.

Edit: OK, back to the point of this thread.  The South Park trailer actually looks kind of fun, and I'm not crazy about the show.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:27:02 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »

followed by the sudden disappointment that this was Metroid Prime 4: Halo.

If we actually had Halo adopt more than superficial similarities that would be AWESOME.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 03:48:30 PM »

Resident Evil 6 E3 2012 Trailer

This trailer is messing with me after what Capcom show at the conference with Microsoft.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy E3 Trailer

Nothing really new, but it shows off a nice song selection.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 04:10:46 PM »

They Gears of War'ed the hell out of Dead Space
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 04:24:45 PM »

Tomb Raider gameplay from MS conference.

Different part of the game than was shown in the pre-E3 trailer.  I've got to say this game is looking really good.  I haven't cared about a Tomb Raider game in a loooong time, but I might just get this one.  The Uncharted influence is obvious, but then it's a natural thing to copy from.  I also like the emphasis on the bow and arrow and environmental destruction rather than more traditional gunplay.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy E3 Trailer

Nothing really new, but it shows off a nice song selection.

People hating on this game is so stupid. The dumbest thing is that your regular FF fan is happy when SE a announce a new remake/port of a classic game in the series but a new title that has nothing to do with the main series? That's blasphemy.

FF fans are really something special to say the least.

Anyways. Game looks nice, can't wait to give it a try sooner or later.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »

E3's hour long presentation of military FPSes

Yawn.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

Of course the equation changes for different kinds of games, but I think in general the sticks are the most-used part of the controller.
If you're talking about FPS's and third person shooters, sure.  But as I play through Dragon's Dogma and any other action-adventure game like Bayonetta or Batman: Arkham City, platformers like Rayman: Origins, and even RPGs like Tales of Vesperia where I use the face buttons for attacks and jumps, the right analog stick is most certainly not used more than the face buttons.  It's not even close.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »

Was that Crysis 3 gameplay from console? If so... next gen can wait
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 05:17:40 PM »

Why do you people love the gamecube controller? Damn was that thing a piece of shite.

It was super comfy to use.

As for Nintendo's new console - never alone? Always online? Intrusive texts from people popping on screen *as* you're playing the game?

Burn that shit with fire.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »

As for Nintendo's new console - never alone? Always online? Intrusive texts from people popping on screen *as* you're playing the game?

That really depends on two things: is online outright necessary, and can I disable or filter that stuff? I'm actually excited about the idea of having ONLY friend comments there, but if I can't filter it to that or disable entirely I'll be pissed.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 05:37:58 PM »

http://www.mmamania.com/2009/07/15/dana-white-ea-sports-spurned-ufc-video-game-now-wants-a-piece-of-the-thq-money-pie/

Best part of the EA conference.

followed by the sudden disappointment that this was Metroid Prime 4: Halo.

If we actually had Halo adopt more than superficial similarities that would be AWESOME.

To be fair the MP series had been slowly devolving into something resembling more and more like Halo (not that it actually got there but honestly, Corruption was linear as hell and the Pirate Homeworld felt like The Covenant Homeworld a little more than was comfortable) but this video does seem like Halo's trying to bridge the gap from the other end. You can use the Smrt Glass like a ghetto scan visor, the enemies look even more like Space Pirates than the Covenant ever did, and depending on how much fetch questing you're made to do it could easily feel like you're playing as Master Aran trying to save Samus Chief from running out of hard drive space.

But this is just a feeling I have and will probably not make it either way.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 06:34:58 PM »

Rayman Legends looks sweet! Love the western-surf music too!
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 06:42:46 PM »

That really depends on two things: is online outright necessary, and can I disable or filter that stuff? I'm actually excited about the idea of having ONLY friend comments there, but if I can't filter it to that or disable entirely I'll be pissed.

That was the problem with the Wii IMO... Motion controls are fun, for a while. The problem was that you couldnt desable them/use an alternate control scheme. I didn't finish any of the two Zeldas because I got sick of the controls, but it wouldn't have been a problem if I could have played them with the classic pro controller, for instance...

So I entirely agree with you: if it's optional, it's awesome, and I'll probably use it sometimes. If it isn't, well... I'll really hesitate about buying one.

My other wish is that your purchases will actually be link to an actual account, not a console... They talked about Nintendo Network but didn't get into the details yet... Honestly I'm interested by the downloadable classics on the Wii store, but I really don't like the idea of potentially losing my games if something happens to my console or something... I also hope they'll do a bit like they did with the 3DS, where you could transfer your DSi games to it, and you'll be able to transfer games from Wii to WiiU...

I have fury!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: