Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:13:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319066 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Your Place of Employment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Your Place of Employment  (Read 4589 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 03:28:22 AM »

Currently employed in two freelance jobs. One is a book job doing illustrations, $.20 per book sold, and my name's on the cover as the guy who did the pretty pictures of tools inside. The other job is designing for a brochure on kitchenware. I keep a time sheet at make around $35/hr (though honestly, that isn't as good as it sounds, seeing as I only work approximately 10 hours a week).

Otherwise, I'm in my third of four years of college, taking my BAA of Illustration. Things are going pretty well overall.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 07:52:36 AM »

I'm at university, just started my second year of a three year Creative Writing degree. At the moment I'm considering taking a fourth year and doing a masters in Writing for Children, but not sure about it financially.

I've been trying to get a part-time job, and have applied to 9 places so far, with only 2 actually having the courtesy to get back to me. I had an interview at a supermarket, but I haven't heard back yet.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 12:18:50 PM »

This topic makes me happy!

Up until a week ago I was a (mostly) full time Subsitute teacher, which was okay but you didn't get any benefits and it's really bottom of the barrel teaching wise, since subs get no respect and very little money.

I JUST got a job as a 4th grade teacher though -- I actually go and officalize it today, so I FINALLY am using my credential and training to it's full extent! Hooray!

I'll let you guys know after Monday if I survived my first day or not.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 01:13:23 PM »

Good luck, Lucca. =D

I just finished working at a shitty grocery store.  Fortunately, the work was easy, the people were cool, and the job was tolerable. =)

Anyways, I work at Blockbuster now.... mainly for the perks of 10 free rentals a week (even new products are available to us before they are on-shelf to customers). and discount.  As an avid movie lover, it means a lot speaking half my pay check usually goes there sometimes.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 01:48:51 PM »

Research assistant at an academic research lab. Looking for something better.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 01:58:21 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
Currently employed in two freelance jobs. One is a book job doing illustrations, $.20 per book sold, and my name's on the cover as the guy who did the pretty pictures of tools inside. The other job is designing for a brochure on kitchenware. I keep a time sheet at make around $35/hr (though honestly, that isn't as good as it sounds, seeing as I only work approximately 10 hours a week).

Otherwise, I'm in my third of four years of college, taking my BAA of Illustration. Things are going pretty well overall.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ,THAT IS AMAZING!?!?!  I'm also in my 3rd year of college and in a week working 10 hours you make more than I do in two weeks working 30.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 03:36:58 PM »

I take on all kinds of odd jobs. I write for the teen section of a newspaper. The page is called Kawaii and nobody knows why... The pay isn't very good, but it's fun.

I sell bracelets now and then, I just got two big orders this week.

And I will start as a tutor employed by my school within a few weeks. Maths, English, Dutch, history, economics and several other subjects.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 04:52:06 PM »

Currently unemployed because I'll be relocating to Vegas soon. I used to work two research-assistant jobs but needlessly to say I had to leave them. One had me working in a sleep and psychological disorders lab where I would hook up subjects to electrodes and monitor their sleep. Not literally watch them sleep, but more like make sure the equipment doesn't freak out and that the night goes smoothly. Did some data analysis stuff there too. My other RA position involved helping this post-doc with his research on industrial/organizational psychology topics, doing random data analysis tasks for him.

I'm beginning to think research and grad school are not the right path for me. We'll see.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 05:07:40 PM »

My name is on the door of my office. I wonder why "door" wasn't one of the options.
Anyway...
I am a Project Manager for a Landscape company. It is a great job with a great company. Simple as that.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 08:35:17 PM »

My Job is answering customer service calls for a health insurance company. I HATE MY JOB. Basically I get bitched at because healthcare in the U.S sucks and companies care more about profit than actual patient care. Companies are cheap and don't want to have to pay for decent benefits and I can't tell the employees this so I take ALOT of shit every day and I have to keep acting like I care. I really need to get back in school and get the hell out of here. It's making my soul die.

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 09:37:33 PM »

Sales Associate at EB Games.  Nearly minimum wage, but discounts on games.  Evens it out some I guess.

Amankhan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »

Assistant Laboratory Manager of an Agriculture/Food Testing lab.

Yes, I wear a lab coat all day, and I have a pocket protector.  Full Frontal Nerdity!
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 01:10:13 PM »

Don't really have a job I go all the time to, but rather on random days, my dad asks me to go help him out putting flyers door to door for his laundromat and get payed $25. It might not be much at all, but the hours are real low, just working 1 or 2 hours in the morning doing 5-10 freakin long blocks (so many staircases....). Lunch is on him too. The pay might be nothing special and the job itself isn't glamerous but hey, decent pay for low hours, and it is better than nothing the very least. Besides, this physical task is pretty much makes good exercise for my lazy ass :P

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 01:23:33 PM »

I work at kohls, unloading freight trucks and shipping boxes down a shimmering conveyor built of metal wheels rolling for hours and hours...

I'm a history magor at my university, eventually I hope to teach Mediaeval european history, or Roman. I have two focuses.
Ark

me irl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2006, 08:36:41 AM »

I design $80 million dollar freeways that keep my state going strong. I also tried to convince the council to install a $8 million dollar split diamond configuration instead of a 4-way intersection and I think I nearly got punched for it.

I love my fucking job :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: