Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319175 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  trading in used games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: trading in used games  (Read 1182 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 03:59:07 PM »

Traded in a bunch of games and the dude was ok. Got 208 total so I preordered:

Res 6 ps3
Borderlansd 2 360
Ass 3 PS3
Zone of the enders PS3

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »

Man I never trade anything in and I feel kind of bad about it. Like, I collect games, so the lack of trading in is predictable, but at thte same time every game I buy is preventing someone else from buying that game.

And I feel bad.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »

Man I never trade anything in and I feel kind of bad about it. Like, I collect games, so the lack of trading in is predictable, but at thte same time every game I buy is preventing someone else from buying that game.

And I feel bad.

I collect good games. I don't see a point keeping the ones I don't like and won't ever beat/play/enjoy looking at again.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »

I like everything except Star Ocean 3 and Daggerfall :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »

I am retarded about trading in games... I always think its a good deal when gamestop offers me all these bonus-bucks for 2 of this and three of that.....and I trade the games that I believe  "I'll never look at that again...." then two days later I feel like I MUST play them and utterly regret trading em.... Then I will re-buy them often to trade em again in the future.... its a vicious cycle I tell ya....

Just traded Dragon's Dogma cause I convinced myself I hated it, then while I was tattooing a client who is also a gamer we got to talking about it.... that was it... now I gotta go re-purchase....

....yes I do realize my pre-occupation and compulsion when it comes to gaming is rather twisted and sick... however I've kicked enough vices in my life to be happy with this one :)

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 04:44:50 PM »

I've never traded anything in and I doubt I ever will.  And unlike Mesh I don't feel the tiniest bit guilty about it.  Actually I don't even understand why anyone would feel guilty about that.  Denying others the opportunity to play it?  Unless it's something rare and out of print (in which case I really don't want to trade it in anyway because I'll want it myself...) then why don't people just buy new games?

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 04:49:45 AM »

and I trade the games that I believe  "I'll never look at that again...." then two days later I feel like I MUST play them and utterly regret trading em

I can just recall a handful of regrets. One was not having a, at the time, current gen Tales game since I traded symphonia and abyss(and legendia too, but fuck legendia). Another was looking through old psx games and not finding breath of fire 4. But in that case I'm not sure if I even owned it or just rented it. And Grandia II.

Generally though I'm pretty good at judging if I might want to play something again a year or so down the line.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 01:20:10 PM »

Same here - I have yet to decide I don't like a game, trade it in and change my mind. And I trade in a LOT of games.

If I liked a game, finished it, and have good memories of it, I'll keep it "just in case".

Its just the games that just give me a feeling of "well, this is the only playthrough I'll do EVER" or even "I hate this, I am bored, not entertained" that I trade in. I am picky though so I try a lot of trade back a lot too.  :)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 01:37:31 PM »

I don't trade stuff in anymore, Instead I trade games with other people. Despite that, I used to trade in a lot of games and only regretted a few, which I have now amended (I sold Windwaker and Super Mario 64 =( Not my smartest ideas). Still gotta get Meteos back, but I'll wait for a good digital rerelease.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: