Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:18:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329314 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Agni's Philosophy [Next-Gen Final Fantasy Tech Demo]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Agni's Philosophy [Next-Gen Final Fantasy Tech Demo]  (Read 2048 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 07:21:08 AM »

Agni's Philosophy Tech Demo - E3 2012: Tech Demo Walkthrough (Cam)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 12:58:26 AM »

XIII-2 salvaged squeenix for me this gen to a degree. After running through XIII at mach speed, and my huge dissapointment of XII, followed by remakes abroad...this wasn't saying a whole lot. I'm with parn and ashton on this, one good game aside, squeenix has given a group of very cold gamers a super realistic picture of fire and a bunch of promises about how it will warm us all up...but a picture isn't the real thing, and there are quite a few fires burning off to the side. Maybe we should stop waiting for squeenix to deliver and just enjoy the games that offer us an actual game.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 01:01:57 AM »

They've been very solid on handhelds. A shame that I'm not really sure where they will be in the future there, I suspect from this point on every so often I'll get an amazing "proper" SE game, along with a bunch of "Eidos" games they actually did help to make shine more than before absorption. It's almost like a reversal of the usual fears of a company being bought: rather than the bought company's output declining, it's starting to SOAR with the parent company's declining more and more.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »

And speaking of remakes abroad....http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/10/final-fantasy-iii-job-changes-from-ds-to-psp/

Thanks Squeenix. That'll surely get me to rebuy the game at full price. I suppose it'll be too much to ask for the rest of the Famicom version this time around, eh? Or am I supposed to take this to mean that you guys are too busy remaking V & VI for the 3DS/Vita to even bother with a retarded romhack bonus dungeon or a lackluster bonus job? lololol

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 03:02:43 PM »

I didn't know we were still in 2007.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »

And speaking of remakes abroad....http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/10/final-fantasy-iii-job-changes-from-ds-to-psp/

Thanks Squeenix. That'll surely get me to rebuy the game at full price. I suppose it'll be too much to ask for the rest of the Famicom version this time around, eh? Or am I supposed to take this to mean that you guys are too busy remaking V & VI for the 3DS/Vita to even bother with a retarded romhack bonus dungeon or a lackluster bonus job? lololol

I can't figure out exactly what you're bitching about...you don't have to buy it (in fact it's probably not even going to come out here given the state of the PSP market).  And I, II, and IV are already on the PSP so why not...

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »

Wow. I can't wait to play the game I've been able to play for the last five Goddamn years on the PSP with slightly sharper graphics.

Square Enix has its fingers on the fucking PULSE of what its consumers want.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »

Or maybe they just realized that this would be a quick and easy port that took barely any resources and a lot of people in Japan have PSPs.  Again, it's probably not even coming out here...

I don't see why this is worth complaining about.  I seriously doubt it's having any effect on bigger projects.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »

Squeenix delivers yet again!

TASTY!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »

Or maybe they just realized that this would be a quick and easy port that took barely any resources and a lot of people in Japan have PSPs.  Again, it's probably not even coming out here...

I don't see why this is worth complaining about.  I seriously doubt it's having any effect on bigger projects.

It's more of a matter of being a low content/effort port even by Squeenix's standard of low content/effort FF ports. The only case I can make for this is the fact that it's of FFIII and thus doesn't already have half a dozen ports with crappy post game dungeons featuring romhack enemies and bosses so if you missed the DS version then this is an option. Probably not worth complaining about but some people are still hoping for an FFIVDS style remake of FFs V & VI (I'm one of those people waiting for V at least since it means not having to track down a rare due to being released at the end of it's life span GBA version, although seeing VI's opera scene or the Floating Continent in 3D would be pretty nice as well).

Fake Edit: And only now do I remember that the people who worked on the DS remake of IV are busy plugging away at 4HoL2/BDFF, so that point is moot anyways.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 11:25:48 PM »

I don't think Matrix is busy with that, but you have SOME staff I think on that so, yes, point is moot.

It's an easy cash in, and if it came out here it'd probably be a $20, maybe even $15 PSN title. I'm just dumbfounded they took this long for it, was there some exclusivity deal where iOS was a loophole?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: