Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 07:49:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341240 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Agni's Philosophy [Next-Gen Final Fantasy Tech Demo]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Agni's Philosophy [Next-Gen Final Fantasy Tech Demo]  (Read 2234 times)
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2012, 11:05:15 AM »

Not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but here goes...

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU&HD=1

Screens here: http://www.agnisphilosophy.com/en/index.html

Real time manipulation of the tech demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9xhFpuIMX4

Also, here's a survey from SE asking how much you liked the world, visual design and main character: https://form.square-enix.com/a.p/933/

Looks phenomenal. I think it's a good idea for Square Enix to focus on the Luminous Engine and start their next gen endeavor with a bang. I somehow wish they'd scrap Versus XIII and focus on this instead, if they haven't already done that.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »

Screw the game. I want a movie out of this.

I somehow wish they'd scrap Versus XIII and focus on this instead, if they haven't already done that.

Versus XIII is still a thing that might be shown at TGS, or maybe Jump Festa if SE is in the mood to keep annoying people.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 12:40:20 PM »

http://www.agnisphilosophy.com/files/img/philosophy/screenshots/original_j.jpg

Is this a man or a woman?
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »

That is the coolest looking thing I've seen with the words "Final Fantasy" attached in years...... Is there hope for the future?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »

The old man looks a lot like the one in Versus XIII(with the gun).

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »

Haha, looks like they learned from their previous tech demo and just created something new this time.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »

That's my waifu. :3
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 06:01:31 PM »

Neat, Square Enix unveils their latest carrot on a stick.  It'll be so cool when they don't deliver a useful product and unveil their latest game engine for next-gen consoles in 2019!
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 11:00:46 AM »

That video does look incredibly exciting, but people's nervousness with SE has nothing to do with their ability to created stunning visuals. They still have a lock on being pretty much the best at that, what people have lost confidence in is their ability to turn those stunning visuals into stunning games.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »

Screw the game. I want a movie out of this.

I somehow wish they'd scrap Versus XIII and focus on this instead, if they haven't already done that.

Versus XIII is still a thing that might be shown at TGS, or maybe Jump Festa if SE is in the mood to keep annoying people.

if they made a movie like this it'd be pretty sweet. i don't know if i quite understand the hype about versus titles aren't they fighting games? or is there more to them than that?

if they make this a game i'd be bummed if the story is wack but even more bummed if they reuse the 13 battle system. when i watched that i thought action like uncharted or something. it makes me think they are going to do same things. for me 13 had this actiony feel but the turn based aspect kid of held it back in a way it was caught in this awkward middle ground that while it worked it didn't scratch the itches of either play style for me. i know i'll probably catch flak for it but i'd like to see them make a good action rpg or a really good strategic turn based.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »

Versus XIII is (supposedly) a KH-gameplay like that ties into the XIII universe. It also has a fantasy-modern setting(Cars, cities, etc.), and the story genuinely sounds really good.

I liked XIII and XIII-2, so I don't mind Square's current direction at all, not like most do anyway.
(In fact, I liked XIII more)

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »

Neat, Square Enix unveils their latest carrot on a stick.  It'll be so cool when they don't deliver a useful product and unveil their latest game engine for next-gen consoles in 2019!
My thoughts exactly. Square Enix's games have been pretty shit this gen.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »

Annubis- that's obviously a woman.  Her gasps, grunts, coughs, and incantations were most decidedly in a feminine voice.  I like how she wasn't that kind of traditional/glossy/trope-y "sex-appeal pretty" and had an edgier look about her. 

I really liked this tech demo, though.  I'm a total sucker for those kinds of settings.  This was gorgeous.  If this was a movie trailer, I'd go to the midnight showing. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »

Versus XIII is (supposedly) a KH-gameplay like that ties into the XIII universe. It also has a fantasy-modern setting(Cars, cities, etc.), and the story genuinely sounds really good.

I liked XIII and XIII-2, so I don't mind Square's current direction at all, not like most do anyway.
(In fact, I liked XIII more)

that makes more sense to me now so thank you. idk why i thought it was a fighting game.

i probably wouldn't have been so adverse to it if one thing or the other pulled me though it but neither the story nor the combat was enough to drag the other one though to the end for me. i got to gran pulse and just didn't care anymore.

here's the thing i played though "star ocean: till the end of time" and the characters and story were terrible but the one thing that did it for me was the action based combat. i think squeenix, with the acquisition of eidos could make a sweet action rpg that'd put tri-ace to shame in that regard as well...not that they are much of a contender but my point is why go to the halfway mark of that actiony feel?
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 03:59:51 AM »

XIII-2 restored my faith in Square Enix so I am sure they will be able to deliver with this new tech.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: