Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 06:48:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334518 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Good People Will Die
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Good People Will Die  (Read 5536 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2012, 02:15:52 PM »

I'll admit it. I was more than half expecting this to get canned like Grand Knights History.

I'll be blunt here: that's an idiotic expectation given Chunsoft has shown no signs of being in serious trouble, and we RARELY see news of a game getting canned after being announced for localization. That, and this is a release for newer platforms, the 3DS is healthy enough to survive for awhile I think so worst case scenario would've been the Vita version getting canned, but I don't believe the Vita's THAT disastrous of a failure just yet (and at least some niche games are doing well, NIS was pleased with Disgaea 3's performance in Japan.)

Well, and we usually see a long, awkward silence, the time from announcement hasn't been THAT long.

To be fair, it was the only recent example I could come up with that I was certain was canned (otherwise I would've gone with that dumb Black Rock Shooter game but that'd involve caring enough to actually look up what's the deal with that one apparently that's still TBA). So sorry for even thinking that a game, once announced for localization, could possibly get canned.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »

Well, it's REALLY early to assume that, like I said. Black Rock Shooter seems a more appropriate example to go "What do you mean that isn't canned?" as you just highlighted. Half expect that to make it as a PSN title actually, but we'll see.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2012, 02:07:00 AM »

Either way though....

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/07/zero-escape-virtues-last-reward-escapes-to-north-america-this-october/

....I was proven wrong with a release window.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »

I did an interview with Ben Bateman about his work localizing VLR, alongside past titles like Blazblue, 999 and Hakuoki.

Check it!

http://gameosaurus.com/roahr/2012/06/jurassic-hour-32-analogue-aksys/

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: