Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 12:10:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318968 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  E3 2012: Miyamoto Talks Zelda Wii U (IGN Interview)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E3 2012: Miyamoto Talks Zelda Wii U (IGN Interview)  (Read 719 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2012, 01:58:52 PM »

"One thing that's interesting is we're seeing how the way that tastes are broadening in video games, and you have some people who prefer more casual experiences, and you have some people who prefer sort of those more in-depth experiences. Obviously, as a company that's been making games for a very long time, we tend to be more on the deeper, longer game side of things. But really what we continue to ask ourselves as we have over the years is, 'What is the most important element of Zelda if we were to try to make a Zelda game that a lot of people can play?'

"So we have a number of different experiments going on, and [when] we decide that we've found the right one of those to really help bring Zelda to a very big audience, then we'll be happy to announce it."
-- Source: IGN

"...bring Zelda to a very big audience..."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:27:03 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 06:52:14 PM »

Regular release -- The Legend of Zelda: Social Network

Limited edition -- The Legend of Zelda: Hand-Holding Edition

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »

"Triforce" Edition - The Legend of Zelda: Some tremendous asshole comes out every five seconds to tell you something you witnessed exactly five seconds ago. The Sequel.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 09:36:16 PM »

"...bring Zelda to a very big audience..."

I'd worry more if this were EA or Capcom rather than Nintendo. Well, I'll still worry some, but with them it could mean anything... and hell, I honestly expect the most effective way to appeal to a "very big audience" is straight up regression. Making a new major overhead game with the (relative) simplicity of the original Legend of Zelda, with less story and more straight up adventuring (along with less opacity on what to do). The fact New Super Mario Bros did so well makes it seem like a very possible design path, and they could probably put them out quicker.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 07:56:19 AM »

So they are going take Zelda: Four Swords Adventures and rework that game for the Wii U for a bigger audience.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »

So they are going take Zelda: Four Swords Adventures and rework that game for the Wii U for a bigger audience.

With the Wii U Pad and 3DS connectivity now would be a great time to revisit that.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:33:38 AM »

I wouldn't mind a Zelda game that played with a bit more intensity like, say, the God of War series, but still kept its smarts about itself (i.e.; puzzles, dungeons, a town, and some world land traveling).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 01:16:47 PM »

The likes of God of War and Darksiders just feel like I'm beating a pinata for a long time and in the most over the top manner (imagine some kid taking forever hitting the pinata, knocking it down,t hen going and ripping its head off before they could finally have their candy), if anything the likes of GoW seem more like the logical evolution from Final Fight or Streets of Rage. If anything they just need to make it faster/feel faster, but that hasn't usually been a problem to me unless it was dumbly long immune times.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: