Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 01:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329854 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  The Moonlighters (an indie game I saw at E3 that I thought was pretty neat)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Moonlighters (an indie game I saw at E3 that I thought was pretty neat)  (Read 468 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« on: June 09, 2012, 12:35:32 AM »

I was at the IndieCade booth at E3 checking out a bunch of indie games, and this one caught my eye.  The Moonlighters is a story-based stealth game (with graphic adventure elements) set in the 1950s that attempts to recreate those cool heist scenes from movies where you have to choose which of your team will play what roles (i.e. the instigator, the distraction, the safe-cracker, etc.) and it switches between them as each one completes an objective.  It really is a neat game and I felt like I was playing out those tense "team heist" scenes from movies. 

The storyline centers around a group of hip-cat performers who did some heist scenes in movies, but when Rock 'n Roll pushed them out of the spotlight, the down on their luck troupe entertain the notion that if they could pull off a heist in that movie, maybe they can pull off a heist in real life.  Will they succeed?  Hopefully episode one will tell us. 

What I played of the game was the first heist (a guided/semi-tutorial one) and I liked the idea of selecting who would do best at what role.  I also like the potential the game has.  When I talked to the developers, they see the potential of incorporating branching pathways where selecting between heists influences the storyline or maybe even who you choose for what role influences some outcomes too.  Sure, you need to walk before you run so perhaps this first effort may be more linear/story-focused, but really, I thought this was a pretty neat little game that I couldn't quite classify into any specific genre, but makes perfect sense. 

http://raddragon.com/

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: