Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:07:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334803 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Baten Kaitos Origins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Baten Kaitos Origins  (Read 6493 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 06:47:00 AM »

This game is great so far... =D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 05:57:51 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
I mean my jaw seriously dropped when the plot twist came. .

Code:
I didn't get the chance to beat the game. Huh let me guess, the main hero was the main villain? Ah forget it, don't tell me!!

Anyway I'm happy to hear there's a sequel. I'm probably going to buy the game before it become a rare game like the first game.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 05:59:38 PM »

It became rare? Go figure, ive seen a fair lot of copies at my end.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 06:01:34 PM »

Quote from: "TurnBasedDude"
It became rare? Go figure, ive seen a fair lot of copies at my end.

brand new? Ah it's because I hate used copies ever since we're in the cds age...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 06:09:36 PM »

Ironically, the CDs also give the benefit of having your own fresh saves and not worrying about a battery, although apparantly newer GBA games dodge that concern, and I know the DS does. I really wish these disc based games would come in cases to load into the system: UMDs show that it works out great, and even then they don't bother with putting in shutters.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 11:42:20 PM »

I have to admit, the plot twist was good... if they hadn't wimped out and undid it two hours later. That's not even enough time for the actual realization to hit you, much less to properly develop it.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 11:45:40 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
I have to admit, the plot twist was good... if they hadn't wimped out and undid it two hours later. That's not even enough time for the actual realization to hit you, much less to properly develop it.

While it bugged me initially, in retrospect what Chrono Cross did that was similar was much, much better in execution.
Code:
Nothing like having the main character switch bodies with the primary antagonist, and keep his body for damn near half of the game. If BK's twist stayed good for that long, it would've really had an impact.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 03:16:39 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
I join the 0.05% of the gaming population who enjoyed this game....quite a bit if I might add.
Code:
kudos to this game adding a really original story element- the main guy betraying your sorry asses willingly, and not by the influence of some evil-thing-guy

I can't wait to pick this up, hearing its an improvement makes my pants shake (?). =D

Code:
Too bad it was executed horribly, with the whole "it's ok, we know you didn't mean it!" plot element. Good idea, but the creators didn't follow through with it.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 03:42:58 PM »

This game is kinda tough... admittedly, I like it when your spirit thign kicks in during battles turning up the cards you need. =D

I just arrived in the Impreial city from BK1, and ...
Code:
...Giacomo, with lovely blonde hair (who knew?) has handed my ass to me... twice.  Just like old times.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
[quote]Code:
Too bad it was executed horribly, with the whole "it's ok, we know you didn't mean it!" plot element. Good idea, but the creators didn't follow through with it.  
[/quote]

Code:
What else were they gonna do?  Kill him for being a dickhead?  Kalas is a bloody ringer, if they killed him off I'd cry for the loss of the strongest character

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 04:04:22 PM »

Code:
I think it would've been better if they introduced another character while Kalas was still in your party, then after Kalas betrays you, have the spirit go to that character for help and have that character bust out your other teammates, and make kalas the final boss instead of Emperor Faggot. I hated Kalas. He was a giant douchebag.

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 04:45:22 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Code:
I think it would've been better if they introduced another character while Kalas was still in your party, then after Kalas betrays you, have the spirit go to that character for help and have that character bust out your other teammates, and make kalas the final boss instead of Emperor Faggot. I hated Kalas. He was a giant douchebag.

Code:
You are forgetting that the spirit [i]did[/i] go to another character, and it was [i]Xelha[/i] of all people. I think she was marginally more annoying than Kalas, actually.

I hope to God that they've got some good voice actors this time, as the voice acting was the worst bit of the last game. And to make it worse, it was badly recorded too.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 04:56:45 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
Code:
You are forgetting that the spirit [i]did[/i] go to another character, and it was [i]Xelha[/i] of all people. I think she was marginally more annoying than Kalas, actually.

Code:
No he's not, he's saying they could've introduced a new character that could fill Kalas' role, not simply throw the spirit on the obligatory mage girl; they could have done what FFV did as far as party members went.

That brings up another thing that bugged me: When they pulled a Grandia.
Code:
Except much worse than either of the installments I played: She was promptly killed than brought back to life 5 minutes later. Way to pussy out of things just like you did with TEH TWIST, except probably worse since this is a horrible, horrible twist. I suppose it was redeemed however because of the hilarity of watching a scene that looked like Kalas was shooting water out of his ear. That made the game worth beating.

Edit: Should've coded the first paragraph when I typed this before. Guess that's what happens when you're constantly talking about spoilers.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 01:01:12 AM »

I hope to God that they've got some good voice actors this time, as the voice acting was the worst bit of the last game. And to make it worse, it was badly recorded too.

I'll vouch for it. *thumbs*

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 04:05:59 PM »

That's good to hear. I thought it was kind of amusing to note that of the 3 "proper" rpgs on gamecube, only one of them had good voice-acting (that being Symphonia). While Skies of Arcadia's wasn't anywhere near as bad as Kaitos's, it was only used at random moments and was so completely stupid that it was impossible to take some bits of the game seriously - like when Alfonso says "Yes, My Lord!" when talking to the Empress. But it had one plus point: all of Gilder's battle soundbites were infinitely hilarious (the most amusing of which was "You mess with me, you mess with Claudia!"). At least Symphonia's dialogue was intentionally amusing...
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 10:45:16 PM »

Please tell me someone is playign this game.  I'm in love with the battle system.  Great innovation!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: