Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:05:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338003 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Baten Kaitos Origins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Baten Kaitos Origins  (Read 6540 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 01:51:08 AM »

Though I only experienced the first title secondhand (watched a friend play it...like the rest of you, loved the plot twist, mad they didn't hold out with it to the end...), I decided to purchase the second one today (we have yet to get reviewable GameCube titles...that will hopefully change with the Wii).

I didn't read all the code text of this thread cuz I don't want the game spoiled for me right away...but I am looking forward to it. The general lack of GameCube RPGs gives me the hope that this one won't be terrible. I'm generally a lenient critic, but I have let out some major "trash talk" against certain games in the last year (Metal Saga, Tao's Adventure...)...we'll see if BK2 joins the ranks or can earn a B-ish score. I doubt the game will win my whole-hearted affections, but I won't know until I'm done with it.

Which, thanks to the postponement of my son's birth, should be soon.

Hope everyone that bought the game is enjoying it!

Ramza

Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 05:59:57 PM »

The gamespot review is finally up. Seems like I will like this game. The "flaws" are not quite so. Tough and unforgiving boss battles? Bring it on.
Seems like there are new and good plot twists once again, and it's a lenghty adventure much like it's predecessor.
The battle system looks improved. There are many other games to play right now, and FFXII and Zelda are coming up, but I will try this game somewhere next year.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 02:37:03 AM »

Boga,

funny that I just spent a whole hour arguing with you about the merits of one MonolithSoft-developed title, but we're both going to (hopefully) be fully enjoying another one.

Within the first hour already, the plot looks to be very fast-paced and exciting. Hopefully it doesn't have the almost mandatory slooooooooooow middle section.

Ramza

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 04:25:03 PM »

Does anyone know when/if this game is coming out in Europe? I dunno how the first one did over here, as it suddenly got released when everybody thought it wouldn't be coming out.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 04:41:04 PM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
Boga,

funny that I just spent a whole hour arguing with you about the merits of one MonolithSoft-developed title, but we're both going to (hopefully) be fully enjoying another one.

Within the first hour already, the plot looks to be very fast-paced and exciting. Hopefully it doesn't have the almost mandatory slooooooooooow middle section.

Ramza

That doesn't make us enemies. We can certainly enjoy the same game.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: