Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 12:19:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331871 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Radiata Stories
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Radiata Stories  (Read 5652 times)
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:53:42 AM »

That might be a little late for that, but share your thoughts about this game; I just had the opportunity to play it some weeks ago, but it was only this week off from college that I am really playing it.
I will elaborate a bit more later on, but suffice to say that I enjoy the game so far.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 12:59:51 AM »

I unfortunately only ever got around to playing 3 hours of it. I'll just restart it sometime in the future, I guess.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 01:55:09 AM »

I find the begining to be very slow (like all other Tri-Ace RPG's) so it was a rough start,  but I grew fond of it. I find Jack to be a fun,likable character as well as a variety of secondary characters. I did find the combat to be on the sluggish and pretty easy side. The plot was alright too though was blah near the end to me, but won't spoil that. One final note is that lack of save points annoy me :(

Overall I had a fun time with the game when I played through it last year though it has some technical issues to me (mainly combat) and the story gets weak.

EDIT: I played the human side and yea, the ending sucked. I should try non-human some day.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 01:58:01 AM »

Sadly I also played the first couple of hours of it. Was really busy at that time, but from what I played, it has some very humorous moments and a fun battle system. I'll restart this game someday, it's on my seemingly endless backlog.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 03:15:49 AM »

im currently finishing up my third playthrough. i need 1 one more playthrough on each side to recruit every character because i made a mistake on my current non-human game. i'd highly recommend going human path on the first playthrough since human path is like easy mode.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 06:35:58 AM »

This game was pretty bad, truth be told.
You gotta play it for what the game focuses on (the hundred-something characters, kicking people, purdy graphics, changing outfits, two story paths, kicking people).

The story was failry weak (character-wise especially, unfortunately), the music was at times irritating, and the battle system was pretty basic (whether it was a tri-ace game or not; and they're fairly reputable for that stuff).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 09:53:03 AM »

I finished non-human path a little while ago. I wasn't too impressed with the story and characters (Ganz looks like my maths teacher, scary...), but I enjoyed wasting time in all the locations, they all seemed pretty lively (especially the castle and town surrounding it).
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 10:06:12 AM »

I loved it. One of my favorite games ever. Opposite from most, I loved the beginning of the game, but felt it fell apart soon after. So many characters were introduced well, and then character development just disappeared.

I only played the non-human side and felt that that should be the "true" ending. I had a blast trying to recruit as many people as possible, so much more fun than suikoden.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 12:17:40 PM »

Actually I'm with you dashrier.  I loved it at first then it got really old, really fast.  Repetitive is the word I think of when I hear Radiata Stories, but that is to be expected since it is a button masher.  The art style is great and I loved recruiting everyone.  But with a cast so huge, character development takes a back seat.  Also I too hated the lack of save points.  The game does get a plus though for being able to see the different weapons and armour equipped.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 12:20:57 PM »

I was actually pretty fond of it. I finished the non-human side path and I found everything pretty fun... except for the ending. That sucked. Hard.

I even go back every now and then and play a few battles.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 12:37:37 PM »

Let me add on my thoughts:
At first I thought, what the fuck did I do, now I will have to play through this game. I mean, the promise was really bad: cheesy characters and storyline; jazzy soundtrack - that's the only point of the game I keep disliking and probably will to the end of it - boring and uninspiring battle system; very slow paced.
I was a bit busy, so I stopped playing for a couple weeks. I have this week off from school, so I decided to go back to playing, and I have been doing for hours daily.
The battles still seem uninspiring, and Tri-ace's worst job, but they are neither bad nor too frequent. I did die a few times, despite everyone saying it's pathetically easy.
The slow pace is something worthy of note. I mean, I don't know if I am doing things right, but basically - around 16 hours in - I go around kicking people - which I didn't think I would enjoy - doing my guild quests - which usually takes a while - sleep; explore the town, recruit people; sleep, and every once in a while I trigger a small cutscene which supposedly should advance the plot.
Code:
If I remember correctly, the last advance I had was nogueira's death.

I never felt myself so in the beginning of a game with 15 hours in - DQVII being the exception - and barely having an idea of the plot.
The slow pace so far does not bother me that much, YET, but it sure seems strange.
Overall, I guess I enjoy the game because I usually enjoy games that enable you to "discover things" - collecting, recruiting, this kind of thing.
By the way, thanks for the tip, but I am taking the non-human side now, I don't plan on ever replaying this game, and I hate easy games.
PS: The lack of save points does kill it.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 12:42:51 PM »

Actually I heard both endings weren't so great with the human ending being the worst one.

Currently Reading: 

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »

I really enjoyed this game. A lot. I guessI'm a sucker for laid back and witty games that don't take themselves too seriously. I mean, sure, this game did get serious, but for the most part, is was a pretty upbeat game, and I thought the overall mood was great (the music fit the game very well).
One of the few gripes about the game was the horrible ending. Granted, I only played through the non-human side, but from what you guys are saying, I guess they both sucked :P
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 02:41:40 AM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
Actually I'm with you dashrier.  I loved it at first then it got really old, really fast.  Repetitive is the word I think of when I hear Radiata Stories, but that is to be expected since it is a button masher.  The art style is great and I loved recruiting everyone.  But with a cast so huge, character development takes a back seat.  Also I too hated the lack of save points.  The game does get a plus though for being able to see the different weapons and armour equipped.

lol go kick elwen or gerald then let me know how that button mashing works out for you. i personally think radiata stories is like valkyrie profile in that at first the battle system seems simple but theres some depth to it if you spend enough time with it. latter enemies wont just sit there and let you swing at them and will break your guard. plus im sure in most peoples first playthrough they will never get any skills other than luck plus. anyways this thread reminded me how annying people that play rpg's just for story can be at times XD

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 11:06:20 AM »

Oh I'm sorry.  I didn't realize I couldn't play games for plot nor express my dislike of game.  I realize message boards aren't really the place to express an opinion.  :P

Currently Reading: 

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: