Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 05:27:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341195 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  "The next- and new-gen RPG preview megathread"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "The next- and new-gen RPG preview megathread"  (Read 4154 times)
Wunderchu

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2006, 02:16:47 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121403
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 02:21:14 AM »

Heh, nice vivid images. I think I'm most looking forward to the new Fire Emblem scanning through the list. But damn, those are some good-looking RPGs. Definitely excited about the next generation.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 12:40:05 PM »

Wow, the Wii section was pretty scant but I think they are missing a few RPGs that were announced.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 04:43:07 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
Wow, the Wii section was pretty scant but I think they are missing a few RPGs that were announced.

Dragonquest Swords for instance.
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »

It's questionable that Dragon Quest Swords is an RPG.  All the information I have on it makes it look like a sword fighting mini-game that got expanded to full game status.

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 04:14:52 PM »

I don't know if anything is known about it apart from the 2-second clip in the wii montage video. Same with FE.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 08:15:16 AM »

The story concept of TRUSTY BELL: CHOPIN'S DREAM looks particularly interesting.

A colorful traditional RPG with an unusual premise: The characters and game world are all part of a deathbed dream by composer Chopin, whose music provides the game's score. Because Chopin is dreaming the world while dying, the characters in his dream all apparently have incurable diseases, which may prove to be an interesting story element. Trusty Bell is developed by tri-Crescendo, an offshoot of tri-Ace that also worked on the Baten Kaitos series. The battle system is menu-based, but looks to be somewhat more complex than the usual; you choose between various attacks by pressing the different controller face buttons, somewhat like the Xeno games. Trusty Bell has already been announced for Western release under the title Eternal Sonata, with a fictitious composer replacing Chopin for reasons that aren't clear to me.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 10:30:06 AM »

with a fictitious composer replacing Chopin for reasons that aren't clear to me.

WHAT?! That's the most fucked up and retard localization ever, for that alone. I hope they reconsider!
Wunderchu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 12:23:18 AM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
a couple more have been added, some days after the thread was created (not sure if all of them have been though).
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 01:19:11 AM »

Quote from: "Bogatyr"
with a fictitious composer replacing Chopin for reasons that aren't clear to me.

WHAT?! That's the most fucked up and retard localization ever, for that alone. I hope they reconsider!

Nah, Persona 1 is the most messed up localization ever seeing as how they cut out a good portion of the game, made up new names for a lot of things, and changed the race of some of the main characters.  Still, I'm willing to forgive them for all that since it did takes guts to release it here in the first place plus Atlus has become arguably the best localization company since then.

Back on topic, I imagine they're replacing Chopin's name for legal reasons.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 01:20:58 AM »

NOTE: They have not actually /said/ the name of the composer. It may change, they may be acting weird, or they may be leaving him nameless until they're sure that they, in fact, can use the name Chopin. We'll just have to wait and see.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: