Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 12:22:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332801 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  A MM/ALttP Remake!?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: A MM/ALttP Remake!?  (Read 1705 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 03:52:35 PM »

Well, I didn't really like MM very much, so I would definitely prefer they do LTTP. I hated the whole timed aspect of MM. I can't stand being rushed or pressured into getting things done in a set amount of time.

I never played MM for that very reason.  I didn't like the idea of a timer back then, and I still don't today.  I also think LttP is fine as it is so the whole news leaves a meh feeling to me =\

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »

Personally I would love to see a re-imagined LttP...... really upgraded and adorned with whatever current-gen bells and whistles they could manage.... that however will not happen.... MM will be out WAY before anything happens with LttP and when something does happen with LttP, I am will to bet, it will be a simple re-release with some additional connectivity function we can't yet wrap our heads around... Hoping for a truly re-built LttP is like waiting for a re-make of FF6... everyone knows it could kick some serious ass but will probably never happen for many of the reasons already mentioned..

No. God no! The last thing LttP ever needed would be Shashrala or Zelda stopping you every room to either state the obvious or simply tell you everything you need to know to get past the room you're in while every pick up tells you what you got over and over again and what very few puzzles/obstacles there were originally are watered down to mindless 'use specific dungeon item here' exercises, nor would I appreciate changing the inventory up so that you'd have to blow into the mic everytime you wanted to use the Flute or sketch some arbitrary pattern to beat a boss.

Now I wouldn't mind a 3D Classics port like what the original Kid Icarus and other classic NES games received, and would fit fairly well given how many instances of multi-planed environments there were originally, but the game doesn't really need much more beyond that. I mean, there's a reason why we roughly keep getting the same game over and over again in OoT, WW, and TP.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 11:04:56 PM »

I hated MM merely for the fact that I was forced to play as kid Link for the whole game.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 12:28:43 AM »

I hated MM merely for the fact that I was forced to play as kid Link for the whole game.

I felt it was painfully obvious more time went into Adult than Kid Link... I kinda agree there.  At least you got kinda baller mask-forms, and Feirce Deity (which just KIIINDA looks like a fan-made skin for Adult Link haha).

LttP would be a tough thing to top... I wonder if Nintendo, of all developers, could have what it takes to make it good.  They seem to have that bit of magic that Disney kinda has in that sense.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 01:25:24 AM »

I wouldn't mind an 'easy mode" for MM... the timer paranoid the hell out of me.

Honestly, probably the biggest change it could use is automatically rewinding/saving if you screw up at the end. That way you can more liberally push the limit, and if you fail you'll just be forced to the start of the day with a save, rather than needing to redo everything you did that day.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 02:01:24 AM »

3ds oot is NOT a remake... tho im amused they would remake a game in the link died in oot what if timeline.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 02:45:39 AM »

3ds oot is NOT a remake... tho im amused they would remake a game in the link died in oot what if timeline.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 07:03:42 AM »

I didn't mind it thanks to the Bunny Hood and eventually the Gilded Sword giving you some badly needed basic combat reach. Additionally the Zora masks basically makes you into a bastardized version of Adult Link and is a good substitute for the Gilded Sword if you're playing minimalist or something.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 10:20:01 PM »

Yes it is, just take a look at screenshots comparing the N64 and 3DS versions. It may not be one of those that completely changes the game, but it's as much a remake as Super Mario All Stars or Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland. It's just this one's notable for capturing the original FEEL, so if you hadn't played OoT shortly before the 3DS version you might not realize they changed as much as they did.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »

I didn't mind it thanks to the Bunny Hood and eventually the Gilded Sword giving you some badly needed basic combat reach. Additionally the Zora masks basically makes you into a bastardized version of Adult Link and is a good substitute for the Gilded Sword if you're playing minimalist or something.

I'm actually really fond of the arsenal Link gets in this title.  Granted the tools aren't nearly as creative as future installments (the fucking Spinner and Ball & Chain -- BITCH PLEZ!!! ...but a FUCK on the Vacuum bullshit).  But the Swords Y. Link gets are pretty awesome, plus some of the creative uses of masks (even aside the Deku, Zora, and Goron ones) is great.

I'm having trouble picking a favorite Zelda these days otherwise between what Nostalgia yells at me and what innovation brought into it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: