When a problem comes along....
in Radiant Historia:
- It's usually due to one of the armies you're currently fighting or the villain with the same powers as your own protagionist.
- Solution? Step back in time to try to approach to problem from a different angle, or failing that stepping over to that other path that sent you over to the other side of the continent in hopes that the solution will eventually reveal itself there.
- Unless, the act that you performed wasn't what you should've done in which case you get maybe a hollow victory but at the cost of the world's future because you weren't playing the long game far enough or too far depending on the situation.
- Or there is no solution and you simply need to move on with your life because the world isn't going to save itself.
- A Paradox did it!
- Solution? Do random crap, play a few board games, or fight random assholes until the timeline unshits it self.
- Unless, of course, for some reason you weren't supposed to fight that particular asshole in that particular way in which case you get something like this
and the game gives you no discernible reason why.
- Or there is no solution but fortunately for you a literal goddess has your back on this one (regardless of the catastrophic consequences that will inevitably follow that somebody else will have to fix later).