Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 12:23:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331954 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Robocop reboot 2014!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Robocop reboot 2014!  (Read 4483 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 08:58:25 PM »

I'm happy to see him in this too.

It sounds like they're really gonna play up the whole control of the consciousness and all that instead of just blowin' stuff up. Which is cool
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 04:58:12 AM »

Wonder if Peter Weller will make a cameo? It'd be nice, even if he didn't do robocop 3 and all....that travesty.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 10:01:12 AM »

I dug RBCP2 and 3. They were really disturbing and violent.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 12:24:01 PM »

What's sadly ironic about all is this is that having the events of Robocop happen would be an improvement over Detroit's current situation.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »

This reboot is going to be terrible,lol.  I'm a huge fan of the original Robocop.  Murphy being blown up by a car bomb?  Also, the new suit looks like something from the Chritopher Nolan Batman movies.  The only redeeming factor is Michael Keaton, but I don't think that will amount to anything.  I bet this won't even have an epic ED209 fight.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 01:40:03 PM »

This reboot is going to be terrible,lol.  I'm a huge fan of the original Robocop.  Murphy being blown up by a car bomb?  Also, the new suit looks like something from the Chritopher Nolan Batman movies.  The only redeeming factor is Michael Keaton, but I don't think that will amount to anything.  I bet this won't even have an epic ED209 fight.

Given Robocop's track record, I don't think it has to worry about being terrible compared to Robocop 3. As long as it has violence, action, explosions, and ludicrous gibs, and maybe a little something about transhumanism it'll be fine.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 06:02:20 AM »

Given Robocop's track record, I don't think it has to worry about being terrible compared to Robocop 3. As long as it has violence, action, explosions, and ludicrous gibs, and maybe a little something about transhumanism it'll be fine.

I sure hope so.  Robocop 3.... <shivers>  hell, Robocop 2 was pretty damn good, too.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 10:39:25 AM »

Murphy being blown up by a car bomb? 

Yeah, that seems kind of ho-hum and cookie cutter compared to the outright awesomeness and despair of his death in the original. Not saying they should do it exactly as they did before, but a car bomb...?
Personally, I'm absolutely tired of reboots, and the associated lack of fresh ideas. That being said, this looks like it may not suck entirely, so I'll rent it or watch it online.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 04:27:12 PM »

Yeah, I'll definitely watch it on Netflix or something.  Dredd appeared on there within a short time of it's retail release; same thing will happen with Robocop.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 04:49:06 PM »

How was Dredd?
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 02:06:19 PM »

How was Dredd?

I still need to watch it.  I'll probably check it out this weekend.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 01:42:43 AM »

Wait wait wait. A reboot in which an older era beloved character comes into his 'iconic form' by an explosive inside of a vehicle; additionally gaining a cybernetic body which hosts an array of abilities and tools to get the job done as a law enforcement official?

Hmm...this has a history of ending well...

XD
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 06:21:01 AM »

Wait wait wait. A reboot in which an older era beloved character comes into his 'iconic form' by an explosive inside of a vehicle; additionally gaining a cybernetic body which hosts an array of abilities and tools to get the job done as a law enforcement official?

Hmm...this has a history of ending well...

XD

That's it. Pack it in. Stick a fork in it. This thread is done and the movie is going to both suck and blow horribly now.

It's too bad Keaton isn't playing Robocop in this as we'd finally have a Robocop shorter than this guy.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 07:44:02 AM »

Tch, stop hatin. This movie looks awesome, quit worrying about the finer details. This is far more logical anyway, how the hell would you let a couple of officers walk into a criminal hideout with such trashy equipment and get shot up worse than a paper target at a shooting range, then turn him into a nigh invincible walking death machine? At least the carbomb makes sense in terms of legitimate fucking over to super battle cyborg. My real  c
complaints are why is Lewis now a dude, and why are all the best actors in the film delegated to less important roles? Gary Oldman as the scientist who made him seems like such a waste...he would have been way better as the big villian in the movie...or even better as the head of OCP or omnicorp or w/e it's called now. I like Joel Kinnamin and all, but why such a no name for such a large budget? Slight grimaces, that's all, still looking forward to it.

TASTY!
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 11:55:44 AM »

I think everyone just loved the grittyness of the original film.  It actually seemed like a scary place to live (although I hear the actual city of Detroit is deemed the worst city in America, it makes sense.).  The police were about to strike and they took a seat on fighting crime and only a handful would actually try to fulfill their duty, so both Lewis and Murphy had no choice but to infiltrate the hideout because backup wasn't coming.  I'll still check out this reboot and try to watch it like there was no original (even though it will be almost impossible).  Here are some of my complaints already if I was watching this if the original didn't exist or I had never watched it:

- The car bomb just seems cliche
-  Heavy use of CGI
-  Robocop black armor looks like something from Batman

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: