Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:35:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319050 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Okami HD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Okami HD  (Read 4327 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 01:03:09 PM »

Okami was developed by Clover Studio which many of those guys are know now as PlatinumGames. After Capcom released Okami for the PS2 they erased the Clover Studio logo from the box in (some of?) the re-releases and replace it with the classic Capcom logo, and for what I know the Wii version doesn't have the final credits movie which was removed from original release.

Also, the spin-off/sequel Okamiden was made by the same team (or part of it) that did the Wii version by people at Capcom. The entire joke of Okamiden was being a tribute to the original game more than a sequel. I think someone from the staff said that in a interview.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 01:05:59 PM »

On the one hand, I haven't gotten a chance to play this in any form yet so an HD port would be a great jumping in point.

On the other hand, it's a Crapcom game and I'm finding it very hard to justify spending any money on this, even in light of the above statement.

The game dates pre-douchbag-Capcom, it it helps.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »

Anyone seen the trailer yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evRYEFzAY8w&feature=player_embedded

Capcom exaggerates how blurry the PS2 version actually looked. It's ridiculous.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »

On the one hand, I haven't gotten a chance to play this in any form yet so an HD port would be a great jumping in point.

On the other hand, it's a Crapcom game and I'm finding it very hard to justify spending any money on this, even in light of the above statement.

The game dates pre-Clover getting shutdown by douchbag-Capcom, it it helps.

Fixed for truth. (Not fixed for grammar or redundancy.)

Besides, if I wanted to support a Clover game I'll get a Platinum Games game instead and skip the now irrelevant tangent.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 05:16:02 PM »

While Clover made a lot of games that were well-received critically, it's a fact that they didn't sell.  They were not profitable.  I know it's popular to hate on Capcom, but I think anyone would have shut them down.  This isn't a charity.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 05:46:23 PM »

While Clover made a lot of games that were well-received critically, it's a fact that they didn't sell.  They were not profitable.

The main reasons it didn't sell as well as it could is because Capcom did NOTHING to get behind it. The Clover team has been very candid about this. If I remember, half the team left even before Capcom disbanded the company, partially out of frustration. Capcom did hardly any marketing, and practically ignored all cries from the Clover team to get the word out. If you think "making a good game" is the key to successful game sales, you're naive. The fact that it didn't sell well was completely Capcom's fault, as they were in charge of all marketing, and they did very little. Okami had everything going for it to be a huge blockbuster, but Capcom's lack of marketing was simply repulsive.

You have to get posters on the front of every GameStop, a preview running on the video loop in the store, make a huge E3 splash, pay GameInformer to "review" the game, etc. Any time a good game with no obvious flaws doesn't sell well, it means that the marketing department just didn't believe in the project. From all I hear, Clover was the black sheep of Capcom... the last creative holdouts in a company that wanted to shift its attention to cookie-cutter cell phone titles. Capcom didn't push the game because they didn't believe it could do well. Well, it's pretty obvious that they were wrong, though, because the game DID sell pretty well (considering) and was able to spawn two ports and a "sequel". I think Capcom realized that they could have done more with it, and so they're trying to salvage their mistake by milking it after the fact.

I still don't have a PS3, don't plan on getting one any time soon, and as much as I love Okami, it was near perfect on the PS2, and I feel really weird about giving money to the very company that fired the great game developers that made the game, then took their property and is trying to milk it after the fact.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 06:56:52 PM »

I've always wanted to know what Hideki Kamiya thinks about what Capcom did with Okami, but after seeing his various replies in twitter with fans that every time or so ask him about Devil May Cry and DmC it seems that he got over all of that mess and move on.

Though, the fact that Bayonetta is pretty much Devil May Cry Next-Gen and that the new Wii U game he's working on looks very influenced by Viewtiful Joe makes me wonder if he still is a bit annoyed by how his creations were treated at Capcom.

I remember one time in a old interview with him when DMC2 was being made if he could give any details about it. He didn't even knew at the time that Capcom was doing a sequel to his own game...

Hating on Capcom is a popular thing to do in the gaming community, but over the years the only thing I've learned about the them is that is has always been run by douchebags that happen to have very talented and passionate people working for them that sooner or later leave them for any given reason.

The only renowned developer from there that I've haven't read any drama about (not yet anyway) is Shu Takumi. You know, the director of Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »

I loved this game on PS2.  I'm finally giving in and buying a PS3 next month so I'm happy to see that this will be added to the ocean of great games that await me.  I will kill if I cannot get my PS3 to connect to the wi-fi here. (Oddly enough, my Wii connected effortlessly but no amount of fiddling will allow my PSP or 3DS to connect.)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »

Gameplay Direct Feed:

"Learning the Brush"
"Kamiki Village"

from the OT on NeoGAF:

Additions:

・Skippable Text
・HD Graphics
・Move Support

"The remastering is being has been done between Capcom and HexaDrive, who had previously worked on the high definition remastering of Rez." -- Source: Wikipedia
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 12:30:53 AM »

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the game is out on PSN right now.  $19.99.  Downloading now. 

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »

Took me about 2 hours for the whole down/install. xS

NOREGRETS!!!!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 04:03:54 AM »

Two hours is fast.  I've been downloading it for like 5 hours now and it's still not done.  Mind you, my connection is extremely fast when connecting to anything besides Sony's servers.  But anything from PSN is always excruciatingly slow...

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »

Two hours is fast.  I've been downloading it for like 5 hours now and it's still not done.  Mind you, my connection is extremely fast when connecting to anything besides Sony's servers.  But anything from PSN is always excruciatingly slow...

I recently connected my PS3 via ethernet instead of wireless.  I went from numbing slowness to great speed.  Might be a part of the PS3's wireless adapter being crap.  Of course, I have an OLD 60GB model, so that may just be what's going on there.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 04:22:28 PM »

I recently connected my PS3 via ethernet instead of wireless.  I went from numbing slowness to great speed.  Might be a part of the PS3's wireless adapter being crap.  Of course, I have an OLD 60GB model, so that may just be what's going on there.

Ditto.  I always hated how slow PSN was with anything on wireless on my old 60gb model.  I plugged in an ethernet cable to try with P4A and PSN became much more responsive/fast.  I tried playing Persona Arena wired and wireless and the wireless was incredibly slow.  Refreshing for matches was slow.  Connecting to the server after a match could sometimes take 40-60 seconds after every match.  General slowness pretty much with anything that needed to connect to something.  Sucked.  Wired worked basically how my xbox wireless has always worked.  Responsive, lobbies/player lists refreshed faster, connections post-match took under 5 seconds.  I wish it wasn't such a hassle to use wired because it's so much better.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 05:31:57 PM »

Ditto.  I always hated how slow PSN was with anything on wireless on my old 60gb model.  I plugged in an ethernet cable to try with P4A and PSN became much more responsive/fast.  I tried playing Persona Arena wired and wireless and the wireless was incredibly slow.  Refreshing for matches was slow.  Connecting to the server after a match could sometimes take 40-60 seconds after every match.  General slowness pretty much with anything that needed to connect to something.  Sucked.  Wired worked basically how my xbox wireless has always worked.  Responsive, lobbies/player lists refreshed faster, connections post-match took under 5 seconds.  I wish it wasn't such a hassle to use wired because it's so much better.

You guys are not kidding...... I use two 60gb Ps3's (one in my primary living/playing/working space and one in my bedroom), one is a wired connection and the other is not..... the difference is like night and day...

On the Okami note, I'm pretty excited about this.... I never got a chance to play okami before but always heard wonderful things so this is totally on the "to-play" list.... I just need to polish off corpse party and breath of fire 3 first.....well actually I guess then I have x-com, the rest of agarest 2 to finish and I really wanted to give Nights Into Dreams a whirl.... so maybe its more along the lines of my "play next year list"-LoL..... but its on the list none-the-less :)

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: