Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 04:44:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338127 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Okami HD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Okami HD  (Read 5996 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 06:12:21 PM »

Okami HD should be moved to the top of that list.  I'm serious.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 07:08:28 PM »

I'm chomping at the bit to download Okami but need to wait a week or so to pick up some cash for it.  My PSN account has ten bucks in it so I'm halfway there.  I loved this game on PS2 and I'm certainly going to love it with updated visuals and trophy support.  As soon as I'm done with the Ico/Shadow of Colossus collection (and the trophies therein) I am diving straight into Okami.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 09:07:11 PM »

For anyone who's never played the game, I agree. Play it. It's fun and has a great art style. It was a beautiful game on PS2. I'm sure the HD will look even better.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 10:14:06 PM »

I second (or is that third now?) this motion.  I'm not sure when I'm going to get to Okami HD, but I've already played it.  If you haven't...don't wait.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 10:38:50 PM »

I already played it on PS2 and a bit on the Wii (motion controls didn't work well for it), but the PS3 update is so worth it if you're a graphics whore like I am.  Much like Jet Set Radio HD, the cel shading looks fantastic upscaled.

I'm going to emphasize again, that this game should be immediately moved to priority one, especially for someone that really likes Japanese games.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 11:23:20 PM »

The best thing is that not only does it look great, but you can play it however you want. Wii would've been the previous definitive if it had Classic Controller support, while this will let you play the Move controls and decide if they're your thing or not (I don't even have one so I have no idea how well they work). Also has the credit movie restored from what I heard, which was a really nice way to end the game.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 11:45:19 PM »

I tried the Move controls at PAX.  Do not recommend.  Stick to a Dualshock.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 12:05:49 AM »

Well, at least you can satisfy curiosity if you happen to have them laying around unless they screwed them up relative to the Wii.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »

I liked the Wii Controls. It was actually possible to pull off circles and bombs with some kind of consistancy.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 01:59:18 PM »

I had no such luck, especially wind controls were totally boinked. I tried to grow a tree, and it always made a wind gust... AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. That, the gimped nunchuck moves, and the transparent text boxes just took the fun out of it, and moved the Wii version from definitive to aggravating. The 16:9 and antialiasing were a nice improvement, but it just wasn't fun.

Can't wait for the PS3 version, but I'm going to look for it on disc, as my internet connection is painfully slow.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »

I had no such luck, especially wind controls were totally boinked. I tried to grow a tree, and it always made a wind gust... AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. That, the gimped nunchuck moves, and the transparent text boxes just took the fun out of it, and moved the Wii version from definitive to aggravating. The 16:9 and antialiasing were a nice improvement, but it just wasn't fun.

Can't wait for the PS3 version, but I'm going to look for it on disc, as my internet connection is painfully slow.

Going to need to import.

I know the Asian one's supposed to have English, but the Japanese one may too if you'd rather get that version. You'll also need to install to the hard drive either way, so make sure you have the space for it.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 06:40:57 PM »

Maybe I'm just good at drawing stuff in the air? I did used to draw on a chalkboard all the time. Either way, I don't recall having those kinds of problems except for a few times (but not enough for it to be aggrivating). Oh well, it'll be back to the stick controls for me with this version, anyways.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: