Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 01:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338792 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Kojima on MGS5: "We have not yet finished with Solid Snake"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kojima on MGS5: "We have not yet finished with Solid Snake"  (Read 585 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »

"There will be a Metal Gear Solid 5 with the new FOX Engine," confirmed Kojima (via Google Translate), "but what we've shown was not gameplay, or anything like that. It was only a demo that we had developed internally and released because the lighting and interactions with the environment had fooled everyone."

Kojima continued: "About Metal Gear Solid 5, I can tell you two things. There will be much question of infiltration, espionage, and convincing people to give you "a favor" like in the last Metal Gear Solid. I liked the idea of ​​social interactions in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but we will see. And if I say more, the female ninja public relations officer, who is behind the door, I will be carved up into pieces. So it's better that we meet again when the time comes to talk about Metal Gear Solid 5."

Kojima also touched upon Metal Gear Rising, reiterating that it is not a Solid Snake title, but rather an offshoot that does something new.

"Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance never claimed to be a Metal Gear Solid. This is not a game about our beloved Solid Snake. It is a spinoff that tries something different. We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots."
-- Source: Gematsu

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 09:51:17 PM »

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 10:58:16 PM »

Furious anticipation that I have for this game.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 12:37:45 AM »

@Ashton: After MGS4 and Peace Walker I have no idea how in the world can Kojima and his team expand the story of the series even more.

This has been getting pretty crazy since MGS2, is amazing seeing how they are able to make games with stories that actually make some sort of sense even if they are convoluted as hell though. I mean right now the entire story of Metal Gear goes more or less from 1918 to 2014.

And Metal Gear Rising is suppose to take place like more than 10 years after the events of MGS4 or something like that... I don't even know what to expect anymore.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: