Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 05:13:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319119 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Nintendo 3DS XL Launching July 28 JPN/EUR and August 19 NA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS XL Launching July 28 JPN/EUR and August 19 NA  (Read 1984 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 01:56:56 AM »

I was surprised they announced the XL model so quickly. Makes me sadface. Only thing that makes me feel better about my expensive, inferior 3DS purchase is that it's the Zelda model.
Wrong, Zelda model owners are in possession of the one original 3DS that is OBVIOUSLY SUPERIOR to the new XL versions coming out.

Haha, yes indeed. I certainly won't ge betting rid of mine for the new one. :)

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 02:21:32 AM »

Yeah, think this was worth a new topic properly.

I'll wait until at least Christmas before I get one if I do, I want to see how the blue looks in person and if they bring out the White or Silver/black ones to the US. It's kind of insane they're not getting one of those out here given the USA seems to be the country most likely to NOT want colored handhelds.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 02:55:55 AM »

This thread is incorrectly titled. The 3DS redesign mk1 is a whopping double large not just a mere extra large. Anyways if I weren't so certain that the FE edition 3DS wasn't doomed to be trapped in Japan forever I would actually have to weigh my choices here. Thankfully I don't need to and can safely seek to acquire a 3DS LL with the money I would've had to spend on a 3DS to play FE11.

Edit: I can't read at 2 AM apparently.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:02:09 AM by Aeolus » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 03:04:06 AM »

Edit: I can't read at 2 AM apparently.

Guess that clarifies whether you were joking or serious there! For future reference LL size IS the same in Japan as XL in the US (outside of Japan period?), or so I've heard. Given this fits both the DSi LL/XL and the 3DS LL/XL it makes sense.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 03:14:51 AM »

Make it region-free Nintendo...

...yeah, I know that's never going to happen.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 03:19:41 AM »

Make it region-free Nintendo...

...yeah, I know that's never going to happen.
Not when the hardware's exactly the same! Or close enough I'd assume.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 03:20:26 AM »

That's likely the biggest blunder they made when it comes to the 3DS. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 03:34:04 AM »

That's likely the biggest blunder they made when it comes to the 3DS. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Why is it *ever* a good idea?  "What's the big fucking deal?" I always wondered.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 03:36:25 AM »

Some people like to import, and it costs more to enforce region locking on a software level.

A good 25% of the games I play are imported.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 03:46:56 AM »

Some people like to import, and it costs more to enforce region locking on a software level.

I *know* people like to import -- I'm iasking rhetorically what's the POINT of a region lock; I'm upset at it too. 

Stop misunderstanding my posts. =(
I guess I should have made it more clear as well.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:51:23 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 04:44:41 AM »

I know a few years ago japan had problems with people importing anime dvds(What with us not trying to charge $80 for two episodes and all) and some companies actually made it so we got lower quality versions to discourage it. But I can't really see that parallel with games. The price difference can't be that big after import fees and you have to wait months for it..and then it's in another language with EXTREMELY rare dual language exceptions(My one import was a impossible to find Phoenix Wright before it got a reprint, though it really wouldn't surprise me if the US version took out dual language, not on request from japan, but just because that's the kind of thing we do). I just don't see it really impacting business in any appreciable way.

Maybe I'm thinking with too much a rpg bias though. I wouldn't care what language a mario game is in. But I wouldn't go out of my way to get a cheap foreign version either.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:46:28 AM by Raze » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 07:52:02 AM »

Agreed.
It's especially frustrating now that I want one and I'm going overseas.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 12:38:04 PM »

I *know* people like to import -- I'm iasking rhetorically what's the POINT of a region lock; I'm upset at it too. 

Stop misunderstanding my posts. =(
I guess I should have made it more clear as well.

Apparently I am unable to read in the middle of the night.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 01:11:55 PM »

The region lock is honestly the single biggest thing stopping me from getting a 3DS.  About half the games I'm interested in for 3DS don't look like they'll ever be localized, but for the RPGs and stuff that do get localized I would rather play in English.  And I don't want to have to buy two systems (people think the Vita is expensive...), so I just say 'fuck it' and don't buy any.  It's not like there's a shortage of games for me to play at the moment...I should work on my backlog.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »

I was thinking, if this system is bigger that means that Nintendo will release a Frankenstick for the new system right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: