Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Nintendo 3DS XL Launching July 28 JPN/EUR and August 19 NA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS XL Launching July 28 JPN/EUR and August 19 NA  (Read 2807 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »

Am I the only one who think that thing looks ugly? And how the heck am I supposed to fit that in my pocket?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »

And how the heck am I supposed to fit that in my pocket?

You're not.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »

It is a little fuggly, but it's purely functional.
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 04:45:41 PM »

I agree with whoever said the zelda one is still superior. Also that purple one is gorgeous. Rarely, if ever does a new color make me think of trading up for a new one, but that thing made me think about it (just think, mind you). Sadly I am stuck with a terribly ugly original blue one :( 

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 02:11:49 AM »

Edit: I can't read at 2 AM apparently.

Guess that clarifies whether you were joking or serious there! For future reference LL size IS the same in Japan as XL in the US (outside of Japan period?), or so I've heard. Given this fits both the DSi LL/XL and the 3DS LL/XL it makes sense.

Actually, I was going for both but it seems that as of late, a lot of my not-serious posts have been getting flak from those lacking sarcasm detectors so I decided to ed-it straight instead of listening to someone try to correct me about how it's the XL and not the LL.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 04:28:29 AM »

The region lock is honestly the single biggest thing stopping me from getting a 3DS.  About half the games I'm interested in for 3DS don't look like they'll ever be localized, but for the RPGs and stuff that do get localized I would rather play in English.  And I don't want to have to buy two systems (people think the Vita is expensive...), so I just say 'fuck it' and don't buy any.  It's not like there's a shortage of games for me to play at the moment...I should work on my backlog.

It's a matter of time until a modified firmware or some sort of device removes the region lock. Take a look at what happened to the Wii.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 05:55:29 PM »

This is maddening... I feel like I just bought the 3DS.. now I got trade it and shell out more cash for this.... crud....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2012, 12:10:03 AM »

This is maddening... I feel like I just bought the 3DS.. now I got trade it and shell out more cash for this.... crud....

Er...no you don't.  This doesn't offer any functionality over a regular 3DS...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 01:24:48 AM »

Well, if he loves his big screens it's probably not a bad idea, but given how purchases work I'd hold on to that 3DS unless he had nothing on it anyway.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 06:02:11 PM »

Yea, I'm drawing and tattooing for anywhere from 8-12 hours a day.... anything that eases the strain on my eyeballs is worth it...

Well, if he loves his big screens it's probably not a bad idea, but given how purchases work I'd hold on to that 3DS unless he had nothing on it anyway.

To be honest, aside from a few streetpass perks I haven't downloaded much of anything... even my 2 Ps3's are both almost completely void of online purchases, save DLC for the games I own hard copies of.... I've always been one to enjoy owning to physical game/disc/cartridge/hardware et cetera... my entire PS1 collection is all original disc based retail purchases, not a single digital... though I must admit, most of them were purchased before they were up on the network and I could have definately saved a buck or two had I waited (suikoden and arc the lad collection which I purchased in mint condition come to mind....)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 03:54:45 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/26/nintendo-to-hold-discount-sale-on-nintendo-eshop-each-week/

Fucking finally! I guess Nintendo couldn't remain completely inept at online distribution for forever.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 06:31:51 PM »

The PAL region sale is rubbish. Yeah, it's like 20% off, but that brings games down from $9 to $7.20. Who cares.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 10:57:08 PM »

I was thinking, if this system is bigger that means that Nintendo will release a Frankenstick for the new system right?

Yes they will you silly.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »

Nintendo sucks so hard.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: