Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:13:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Super Smash Bros. Namdai
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Namdai  (Read 14213 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2012, 02:37:21 AM »

http://andriasang.com/con1m1/bannam_smash/

In both WiiU and 3DS flavors.

I'm going to start the speculation at Pac Man.

Runners up: Tower of Duruga character (probably Gil), Legend of Valkyrie character (probably Valkyrie), or a Gundam (though probably a Haro).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 04:17:53 AM »

Some 13 odd Tales titles out there, I swear if they don't put Cless, Asbel, one of the other 50 something tales heroes or heroines in it, I wil fucking shit a power pellet.

TASTY!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »

http://andriasang.com/con1m1/bannam_smash/

In both WiiU and 3DS flavors.

I'm going to start the speculation at Pac Man.

...or a Gundam (though probably a Haro).

I would shoot that the multi-man melee will have you facing off 100 Zakus, the last being Char's. ;)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 11:36:35 AM »

EDIT: Ah darn, got the wrong topic.
Need to think of something to say...Errr, put the Witcher in it? (Pretty sure Namco Bandai was the publisher for W2 in some regions so...yeah, Ill go with that)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:42:23 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »

I'd be happy with Pac-Man. I think Dig-Dug would be better, though.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:27:47 PM »

Some 13 odd Tales titles out there, I swear if they don't put Cless, Asbel, one of the other 50 something tales heroes or heroines in it, I wil fucking shit a power pellet.

Agreed....AGREED!! At the very least, Sophie! I mean, her move set would be so easy to throw into a Smash Bros.

pigTails of...
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 03:34:33 AM »

It would be suicide and a completely brain dead move to not include an Tales characters, considering it is the best selling series they have that isn't part of their classic franchises like PAC Man. I'd expect at least two or three. Yurt, Luke, and Cless are my guesses, being the most popular heroes from the polls in Japan IIRC.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 07:28:05 AM »

It would be suicide and a completely brain dead move to not include an Tales characters, considering it is the best selling series they have that isn't part of their classic franchises like PAC Man. I'd expect at least two or three. Yurt, Luke, and Cless are my guesses, being the most popular heroes from the polls in Japan IIRC.

If there's anybody who's coming in under the Tales of banner it's going to either be Cress, Lloyd, Luke, or that guy from Graces. Basically, anybody from a mothership Tales of game that showed up on a Nintendo console. Lloyd has serious potential since he dual wields swords which will keep him from feeling too much like Link, Other Link, Marth (or Not Marth), or Krom. That said, I think the possibility of either Tear or Sofie showing up is also pretty high for game variety's sake and maybe Dhaos for a villains entry since he's probably the most well known and would cover the rest of the trifecta.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »

Dhaos for a villains entry since he's probably the most well known

Barbatos is crying somewhere in a corner.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 11:09:16 AM »

Agreed....AGREED!! At the very least, Sophie! I mean, her move set would be so easy to throw into a Smash Bros.

I don't think they'd include a character from any Sony-exclusive released title.  Which gives us the handhelds (Inno and <3's), Symphonia, Graces, and Phantasia, I believe. So Sophie could be in there.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 01:17:41 PM »

Abyss just saw a 3DS release, so I'd say Luke is DEFINITELY on the table. Asbel and Yuri have no chance though. Remember that Symphonia is only a Nintendo exclusive in the US. Maybe they'll put Luke on the 3DS version, and Lloyd on the WiiU version.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:20:31 PM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 03:07:31 AM »

I don't know that they'd ONLY have Nintendo based Tales characters simply due to the games being on a Nintendo system. That's like saying that Snake shouldn't have been in the Smash Bros. game because he's a predominantly Sony-based character. This goes double since Nintendo isn't developing/publishing the game (that I know of), so I'm assuming Namco have carte blanche to put in whomever they want - having Nintendo-only protagonists goes counter to getting the game to sell if more popular characters get the pick instead.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »

I don't know that they'd ONLY have Nintendo based Tales characters simply due to the games being on a Nintendo system. That's like saying that Snake shouldn't have been in the Smash Bros. game because he's a predominantly Sony-based character. This goes double since Nintendo isn't developing/publishing the game (that I know of), so I'm assuming Namco have carte blanche to put in whomever they want - having Nintendo-only protagonists goes counter to getting the game to sell if more popular characters get the pick instead.

Except that The Twin Snakes remake of MGS was released only the Gamecube. Granted, some of the trophies in Brawl referenced other games like MGSs 2 & 3 but both Snake and his stage were taken from Twin Snakes.

Also also, because Metal Gear 1 received an NES port and Snake's Revenge was what encouraged Metal Gear 2 to be made. And then there was Ghost Babel on the GBC which is like Metal Gear 3.

And since we're talking about loosely related tangents, considering that if the Bandai portion of Namdai is in on this, I would also like to see G Gundam's Domon join in (just so we can finally pit Shining Finger against Falcon Punch). And hell if we're going that far then maybe we could see some Master Asia action as well.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »

Yeah, one thing that's been made very clear, and makes a lot of sense, is that to be a Smash Bros character, at the very least a character needs to have appeared on a Nintendo console in a major release. The reason that Snake appeared was that A) Metal Gear 1, 2 and Twin Snakes were all Nintendo games, and B) Sakurai (the creator of Smash Bros) and Kojima are close friends, and specifically wanted to collaborate. Also, this is just speculation, but for non-first-party games, I would expect that they would choose games that were big enough to appear overseas... acting as the flagship characters for their series. They're not going to pick obscure characters that never made it out of Japan to act as emissaries for a non-Nintendo developed title, so I wouldn't count on Innocence being a promising pick, especially since it recently lost it's Nintendo-exclusivity in a recent remake for Vita.

For Tales games, that leaves Phantasia, Symphonia, and Abyss. Since Symphonia and Abyss are far more well known, I'd put my money on thems. Hence, Lloyd, Luke, and possibly Tear. It's hard to imagine anyone else having a serious chance.

Edit: If they do use Luke, I can totally see them doing an Ashe swapout sort of like Zelda/Sheik. We could use more characters like that anyway.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:34:16 PM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 02:53:04 AM »

im guessing none of you have heard of tales of versus? game had some pretty obscure tales chars. shame it was for psp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq51VnXpDNA&app=desktop

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: