Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:06:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319247 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Super Smash Bros. Namdai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Namdai  (Read 6660 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 09:58:38 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/24/tekken-producer-on-why-nintendo-chose-namco-bandai-for-super-smash-bros/

Tekken likely confirmed. Probably one of Heihachi's kin or the man himself.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 05:06:28 AM »

"I think Nintendo chose us just because Smash Brothers is a fighting game."

It always has been more like a brawler than a traditional fighting game to me. But eh, who cares.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 01:04:27 AM »

i misunderstood this initially and thought namdai was making its own clone...im a bit perplexed by this...is this gonna be like fzero x and star fox assault all over again? is there a reason hal cant do it? in b4 kirby and dedee dropped from roster.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »

For what I've read before, Nintendo wants to get the game out as soon as possible to get people interested in buying the Wii U and 3DS.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 02:25:47 AM »

Gah. I made the same mistake as Alisha and thought it was a Nmadai made clone. Oops.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »

For what I've read before, Nintendo wants to get the game out as soon as possible to get people interested in buying the Wii U and 3DS.

That and the fact that Project Sora (a miniature dev studio, like HAL Laboratories and Intelligent Systems, and the most recent project that the creator of Smash Bros) was shut down shortly after completing Kid Icarus might have something to do with it.

Of course, IIRC, Brawl had help from Game Arts so this isn't the first time the series has looked beyond Nintendo's own development studios and might even suggest that there won't be any Namdai representation herein.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 02:37:22 PM »

Okay, so its one year later but we've finally got stuff to talk about.

First what's been confirmed thus far.

Returning characters:
-Mario
-Link
-Kirby
-Pit
-Samus
-Fox
-Bowser
-DK

New characters:
-Animal Crossing Villager
-WiiFit Trainer Lady
-Mega Man

And the latest update: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/12/olimar-takes-on-the-super-smash-bros-roster-in-new-screenshots/

Olimar's back in.

Let's see if any of our year ago predictions come true.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 04:15:46 PM »

If Sonic isn't back and made better I will be disappoint.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »

Wonder if Mega Man will get an X variation like Link and Young Link?

TASTY!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 04:57:09 PM »

What we really need now is some Simon Belmont action. Then we just need to find a good stand in for Kevin and the Princess and we've got ourselves Captain N: The Game Master: The Video Game.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 05:20:07 PM »

Kinda weird how they haven't showed anything related about Fire Emblem for Smash yet. Maybe is still too soon for that.

Also is "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U" the name for the project now or the official name?
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 08:40:42 PM »

Kinda weird how they haven't showed anything related about Fire Emblem for Smash yet. Maybe is still too soon for that.

Also is "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U" the name for the project now or the official name?

Way too soon. None of the FE characters have been available by default. I expect news on Captain Falcon, Luigi, or Ness before hearing about possible FE characters.

As for the name I'm suspecting that they're going to go by those names with SSB4 being the umbrella title (for instance "Megaman first appears in SSB4." whereas one would say that "The Spirit Tracks train stage only appeared in SSB3DS." instead of "The Spirit Tracks train stage only appears in the 3DS version of SSB4."). That's not to say that SSB4 wont get replaced later on with Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle or something to that effect.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 03:44:09 AM »

Super Smash Bros: A Fairly Polite Dustup

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 09:17:27 PM »

They'd better not change the name. Super Smash Bros. for... is an awesome pun - intentional or not.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 10:02:49 PM »

Going from the last two games, I suspect the current lineup will consist of Marth (the mainstay) and Chrom (latest main), which makes me sad because I mained Ike in the last game.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: