Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 08:13:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331845 Posts in 13588 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Super Smash Bros. Namdai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Namdai  (Read 12830 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 12:16:30 AM »

Kinda weird how they haven't showed anything related about Fire Emblem for Smash yet. Maybe is still too soon for that.

Also is "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U" the name for the project now or the official name?
Going from the last two games, I suspect the current lineup will consist of Marth (the mainstay) and Chrom (latest main), which makes me sad because I mained Ike in the last game.

I suspect that either Chrom will fight like Ike since he's kinda built for it, or that Ike will return with Marth being Awakening's "Marth" instead of either 1 or 3's Marth (we will technically have had a separate Marth for each SSB he's appeared in if this turns out to be the case).

Then again, I've heard rumors that suggested that Brawl was going to have Roy back as well as the other missing Melee'ers (Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, etc.) but got cut due to development reasons. So its not entirely impossible that we may see Marth, Ike, and Chrom for this game (and maybe even Roy Drakenroy).

But then again, it was a plot point in Awakening for "Marth"'s fighting style to be identical to Chrom's so IDK WTF's going to happen until something's confirmed (hell, they could even use New Artwork Lodestar Marth from the DLC instead of "Marth" to excuse a separate fighting style from Chrom).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »

Cutscene uploads cause Super Smash Bros. creator to drop Story mode -- Source: All Games Beta (via: Kotaku)

"Hey, remember Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Remember the Subspace Emissary adventure mode? Did you see the CG cutscenes? Well, thanks to spoilers, you won't have any of those in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS.

In his bi-weekly column in Weekly Famitsu, Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai revealed some new details about the upcoming game. One major detail he covered was the exclusion of a story mode and CG cutscenes and his reasons behind it."
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 11:52:00 AM »

That's the biggest ball of bullshit ever.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 12:15:52 PM »

Not really if you try to understand their point of view. That said, thanks for the spoilers Internet.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 12:17:22 PM »

How so? Their reasoning is absurd.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 12:20:17 PM »

It's not like the story mode would have been good. C'mon, guys.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 12:20:25 PM »

Not really if you try to understand their point of view. That said, thanks for the spoilers Internet.

Better not have any cutscenes in Zelda or anything else lest those cutscenes end up on the internet
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »

It's not like the story mode would have been good. C'mon, guys.
This is not an acceptable defense.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »

@Yoda: Saw this kind of post coming a mile away. Try harder next time.

How so? Their reasoning is absurd.

Not if you remember the whole deal with people for years barking at Nintendo for been stuck in a bubble regurgitating ideas and putting obnoxious stuff in their games.

Besides, I don't think right now that Smash Bros. not having a story mode is gonna affect the game in the long run.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:11:28 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 01:02:44 PM »

Sakurai's excuse is a big pile of PR.

Let me translate:

"We are making the game and we realize how ultimately we can get away with cutting this mode and spending less money on production and here's some random stupid excuse."

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 01:13:37 PM »

Not if you remember the whole deal with people for years barking at Nintendo for been stuck in a bubble regurgitating and putting obnoxious stuff in their games.
What are you talking about?

Either way it's a bullshit excuse. I don't have Taelus' views on this - I can accept them using the reasoning that it's not their focus and they want to redouble their efforts on the game engine rather than a superfluous single player mode (they DO have two systems to develop for now, after all), but that type of statement effectively lays the blame of such a thing at the feet of the fans, which is nonsense. Nintendo's been extra douchey about stuff being put online (such as that whole Melee EVO 2013 deal), and it's getting tiresome.

Also, your statement regarding Yoda's post as being expected but not explaining why that isn't a valid argument fails. Weak.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 01:25:15 PM »

Oh, Ash, I totally agree with you. My view is that while I think his excuse is pure PR, Subspace was entertaining for approximately the 5 hours it took to finish. They should be spending their money elsewhere, and I think they could have just said "yeah a story mode isn't exactly why you people keep coming back to Smash so we aren't wasting time on it."

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 01:29:03 PM »

I imagine Sakurai is in a rock/hard place predicament here - he HAS said before he can't answer certain questions or say certain things without getting into heaps of trouble, and the big bosses at Nintendo don't seem to play nice if you anger them.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 01:49:30 PM »

The thing I think is important about a story mode is that it launches newcomers into the game and teaches them how to play. It's easy to imagine a situation in which a newcomer buys the game, can't quite get the hang of it during multi, and stops playing. Now, for most games, that wouldn't have any financial repercussions for Nintendo. However, from what I can see, Smash Bros number 1 promotional machine was the addicted gamers themselves, pulling friends in, getting them hooked, who in turn go out and get the game and possibly a system. In fact, it's how I got into it, and it partially sold me on buying a GameCube. So you don't include a story mode? Well, you may loose potential upstarts who could be the heart of your marketing machine.

Now, if they have another fun way of launching newcomers into the game, that's fine... but it's a very important aspect.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »

What are you talking about?

Some people's perception about Nintendo.

Also, your statement regarding Yoda's post as being expected but not explaining why that isn't a valid argument fails. Weak.

Does Smash Bros. lives and dies because of a Story mode? As far as I've seen big part of the appeal of the series has been playing with other people casually or competitively.

Yeah is a shame that the mode is not gonna be present, but what do you want me to do about it? :|
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: