Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 01:28:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327806 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Super Smash Bros. Namdai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Namdai  (Read 10203 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »

I don't think the contention is about the story mode at all. I honestly believe that 95% of the people playing SSB can take it or leave it.

It's the method Nintendo used to justify it that's the problem.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2013, 02:46:29 PM »

@Yoda: Saw this kind of post coming a mile away. Try harder next time.

How so? Their reasoning is absurd.

Not if you remember the whole deal with people for years barking at Nintendo for been stuck in a bubble regurgitating ideas and putting obnoxious stuff in their games.

Besides, I don't think right now that Smash Bros. not having a story mode is gonna affect the game in the long run.

Why should I? I'm not here to win foolish arguments. It's a lazy excuse to trim development.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2013, 03:22:14 PM »

Story mode being cut isn't the problem, but this bullshit reason of blaming us, the fans, can get fucked.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2013, 03:36:34 PM »

Hello!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2013, 04:03:49 PM »

I think everybody needs to take a :chill: before we turn this Internet Drama into a banhammerfest.

First, the story's coming from Kotaku (well Famitsu but its getting interpreted by Kotaku) so don't forget to take your grain of salt. Second who the hell cares about SSE? The cutscenes didn't really add that much, and the adventure was kind of a resource hog for the rest of the single player content, plus Adventure Mode wasn't too bad back in the day and served as a better introduction to the gameplay/characters. And finally, this could be a matter of bad semantics. As in, the statement is probably directed more towards the people on the Brawl dev team for leaking the info rather than the Internet at large.

Seriously, you guys are getting all much ado about nothin'. Its not like they're turning this into a boobalicious CCG or freemium iOS warez, or getting abandoned outright to focus more on a failing arcade game that's half automobile infomercial, the continuing misadventures of a salty fashionesta and her magical wardrobe, or another attempt at making yet another MMO to compete with all the other MMOs they've made.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2013, 04:33:10 PM »

Why should I? I'm not here to win foolish arguments. It's a lazy excuse to trim development.

You took the tone of my post too literally. Doesn't matter now though.

I think everybody needs to take a :chill: before we turn this Internet Drama into a banhammerfest.

We were just talking. I didn't know anyone here was upset.

Seriously, you guys are getting all much ado about nothin'. Its not like they're turning this into a boobalicious CCG or freemium iOS warez, or getting abandoned outright to focus more on a failing arcade game that's half automobile infomercial, the continuing misadventures of a salty fashionesta and her magical wardrobe, or another attempt at making yet another MMO to compete with all the other MMOs they've made.

#gamingisruined
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »

I say good riddance to Story Mode.

It was so weird in Brawl that you could unlock characters by fulfilling mild to difficult challenges.... or just play through enough of SSE.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:34:04 PM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2013, 04:48:22 PM »

@Aeolus: It's not the lack of story that's pissing us off it seems, but the bullshit reason why. They basically said you guys didn't work to watch the scenes,so we're not working to give them to you. It's lame.

TASTY!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2013, 08:42:12 PM »

It's not like the story mode would have been good. C'mon, guys.
This is not an acceptable defense.

I'm not really defending them. The excuse is crap, but I won't be missing anything, personally. I never played any fighting game for a story.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2013, 01:02:36 PM »

So, Kotaku took Sakurai's words out of context. Sakurai never said there wouldn't be a story mode in the new Smash, but that he didn't want cutscenes.

“Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I’ve decided against having them.”

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2013, 07:27:41 PM »

First, the story's coming from Kotaku (well Famitsu but its getting interpreted by Kotaku) so don't forget to take your grain of salt.

Called it.

Additionally, according to that All Games Beta link from earlier in the thread, there will still be cutscenes, but will be regulated to introducing characters like the ones Villager, Megaman, and WiiFit Trainer Lady already have.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2013, 11:18:41 PM »

Stay shitty, Kotaku.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »

Alright, so it'll be more like Melee's Adventure Mode then. Well, as long as it's got the more in depth level design like SSE did, I'm perfectly cool with that.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2013, 01:20:41 PM »

The cutscenes were really amusing, but the rest of SubSpace Emissary was -- like a lot here are saying -- a real drag.  So I'm not too bummed by it not being as "grandiose" as before (to whatever extent that is by this point given Kotaku's poor reporting)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/29/wow-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds-zooms-out-really-far/

Some new pics cropped up over the last week.

Of note is the 3DS screen that's zoomed out as it shows a besieged kingdom in the background. There's a good chance that that's going to be the 3DS's designated Fire Emblem stage (unless there's a besieged kingdom in Kid Icarus: Uprising that I'm not aware of or another series featuring kingdoms that get besieged made it in or something; I mean the kingdom looks like its being beset upon by Space Invaders).

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: