Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 06:21:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338499 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Super Smash Bros. Namdai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Namdai  (Read 15896 times)
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2014, 12:05:18 AM »

a Galaga alien is already confirmed as an Assist Trophy
See, I actually don't think the Galaga aliens are actually "Assist Trophies" per se, namely because of this. The S Flag is a figure of Namco tradition, and considering the way he's holding it in the air, (like an assist trophy) it makes me wonder if this is some sort of new assist trophy-like item, but with Namco characters?
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2014, 06:50:22 AM »

I agree about Kid Icarus. It seems they're doing to Smash Bros what they did to Playstation All Stars (franchise-over-representation)

I'd go with Pac Man as well. If anything, it's Smash Bros or bust for a Pac Man rep. I can't see it in All Stars or any Xbox version that comes along. So Smash Bros is the perfect fit.

Shulk is the most likely as his game was a smash hit. Professor Layton as well. He was a main franchise for the DS. He will appear in some form whether it is a full character, assist or just a trophy. To not have Layton is an insult to the DS era. Same with Phoenix Wright.

A zelda rep is guaranteed due to the fact they included Rosalina and Greninja, both from Mario and Pokemon's most recent smash hits. So Skyward Sword is confirmed. Just a matter of who. Fi, Ghirahim, Impa and Demise are all possible. (Groose was a joke btw :P). I didn't think about ALBW missing the train so Yuga is out. Character wise anyway.

Though if we assumed that my theory is spot on (which in this sentence I hope it isn't), than that means there is only really 4 new character slots left. Someone deserving won't make the cut.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2014, 01:20:01 AM »

Damn that's nice lookin' materials there.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2014, 02:57:55 AM »

Damn this is going to be high quality. There must be around 20 polygons at least for each finger!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »

Oh, I realized I FINALLY have something to add to the whole "Samus fiasco" about her appearance.

Running (and by extension) action-ing it up in high heels fucking hurts like hell in real life.  So good luck with that, guuuurl.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2014, 10:30:38 PM »

Oh, I realized I FINALLY have something to add to the whole "Samus fiasco" about her appearance.

Running (and by extension) action-ing it up in high heels fucking hurts like hell in real life.  So good luck with that, guuuurl.

Well they had to retcon the retcon in regards to her hight/build and athletic abilities somehow. Thanks Other M.

At this point, I just want to see Anthony get in just to see what Sakaurai does with him (either reduce the ridiculous hight disparity between him and Samus or go hog wild and have his trophy state the dude is like a 9 foot tall, 54 inch wide, Gorilla, or something), since there's really not all that much one can do for Samus given how much of a trainwreck character design-wise she's become.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2014, 08:45:41 AM »

Like any kind of fast-paced action game goes for a sense of realism.

Thanks Other M.

4 years and the salt is still very much alive. :)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2014, 01:22:26 PM »

Aw, a message from King Salty himself.

Certainly doesn't help that no new Metroid title has really come to sooth the burn left by that game.
Ah well, at least we got about 40 new Mario games in that span of time. x)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:39:36 PM by Dice » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2014, 02:16:14 PM »

Aw, a message from King Salty himself.

Certainly doesn't help that no new Metroid title has really come to sooth the burn left by that game.
Ah well, at least we got about 40 new Mario games in that span of time. x)

The group of fans that dislike Other M are not gonna magically change their mind because of a new Metroid. Besides, the series usually doesn't get many releases in the span of a generation so who knows when we will see another one.

Personally I would like to see Masahiro Sakurai in charge of one Metroid game. I'm certain he would be able to make something interesting with the IP.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:22:25 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2014, 04:57:16 AM »

I'm pretty shocked that the releases are SO far apart.

You would think they would release both Smashes during the summer when kids are out of school.

It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2014, 08:55:09 AM »

I'm pretty shocked that the releases are SO far apart.

You would think they would release both Smashes during the summer when kids are out of school.

It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Why the Release Windows for Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Aren't as Problematic as You Think -- DualShockers
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2014, 06:19:31 AM »

Dillion's Rolling Western confirmed as either a New Character or an Assist Trophy.

King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2014, 04:08:53 PM »

Dillion's Rolling Western confirmed as either a New Character or an Assist Trophy.

It's an Assist Trophy. But what this means is now any Nintendo character is possible.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2014, 05:51:15 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/22/ike-playable-new-super-smash-bros/

Looks like we'll have to like Ike again. At least with his FE10 design, he'll fit his Brawl fighting style better, but Chrom and/or Lucina's chances of getting in as anything more than Assist Trophies are all but shot now (and The Avatar has a better chance of getting in as an Assist than either of them).

This also lines up with my theory, kinda (I was wrong about the order and was not expecting FE10's rerepresentation (since it came out before Brawl, if only by a few months), but considering that Tiki was the first Trophy shown in the April Direct Video, it makes sense that the second FE rep (third if you count Lyn's reconfirming) would be the next to be confirmed). So we're still waiting on a Zelda rep (probably Ganondorf since with Ike's return, its pretty much a case of waiting for the other shoe to drop now), a Kid Icarus rep (possibly Paluenta, though could be anybody from Uprising really), and a Metroid rep (still probably Anthony).

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2014, 06:57:48 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/22/ike-playable-new-super-smash-bros/

Looks like we'll have to like Ike again. At least with his FE10 design, he'll fit his Brawl fighting style better, but Chrom and/or Lucina's chances of getting in as anything more than Assist Trophies are all but shot now (and The Avatar has a better chance of getting in as an Assist than either of them).

This also lines up with my theory, kinda (I was wrong about the order and was not expecting FE10's rerepresentation (since it came out before Brawl, if only by a few months), but considering that Tiki was the first Trophy shown in the April Direct Video, it makes sense that the second FE rep (third if you count Lyn's reconfirming) would be the next to be confirmed). So we're still waiting on a Zelda rep (probably Ganondorf since with Ike's return, its pretty much a case of waiting for the other shoe to drop now), a Kid Icarus rep (possibly Paluenta, though could be anybody from Uprising really), and a Metroid rep (still probably Anthony).
We like Ike!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: